About to throw my gear through the wall...

Mortal_Dezire

Mar 31, 2007
Kearney, NE
www.myspace.com
My main amp is 6505, but its died a sad death and I'm stuck with using my back up rig for a while that consists of using an old Marshall 9000 preamp. :erk:

I'm having issues with getting a balance of a good metal rhythm tone with a decent lead tone. I've tried to run my pedals a couple of different ways, but nothing is really cutting it. Any suggestions of how I should run my shit? Here's the run down:

guitar>Wah from hell>NS-2>ZW OD(in the NS-2's loop)>9000>Broke dick ss power amp(I'm broke!) in the 9000's loop, I'm running a KFK Eq.

This setup has allowed me to get a decent "rock" lead tone, the rhythm really sucks shit, and I've got some noise issues even though I'm running the NS-2 the way that Boss recommends. I'm almost to the point of trading in the ZW for an actual distortion pedal, but I've always hated how those things sound. :puke:

I know there are a lot of guitarists around here that use some interesting rigs, so I'm hoping you guys will have some good advice for me. Thanks. :worship: