Abyss Studios

-iLluSiON-

Dark Knight
Jan 12, 2002
Massachusetts, USA
I just saw Hypocrisy play and it was amazing. Realizing that Peter was going to be near me, I decided to give him my band's "pre-demo" -- yes, that's right a demo before a demo; we're not 100% finished with it. new song is an example of what was on it...
Anyway, I really hope he listens to it, we gave him a Heineken as well... hahaha. he seemed happy about that. anyway, is it true that he's shutting down The Abyss Studios? that's what i've heard... how is that place anyway? I just read that skyfire had recorded in there too..

Yeah, man that would suck if they shut down Abyss. Production sounds great there. Hope its not true.

*checking out the rough mix*

Where are the god damning, jesus raping, christian sodomizing, virgin mary fucking blast beats!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!

No seriously it was pretty kew dude, will be cool to hear a reasonably mixed version. Nifty guitar work.

Final_Vision said:
Where are the god damning, jesus raping, christian sodomizing, virgin mary fucking blast beats!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!

No seriously it was pretty kew dude, will be cool to hear a reasonably mixed version. Nifty guitar work.
haha thanks. well, that is our experimental song at the moment. we have an "old school black metal" song up on our web page, if that's what you're expecting. i want the band to be more experimental and progressive... an awkward black metal band if you will.

Yeah, ABYSS has had so many good CDs to come out of that place.. i forget where i heard that peter wanted to stop producing but I'm pretty sure it was official..

..but it wasn´t no rumour, that Peter is shutting down "Abyss - Studios" ...
I think more than a year ago, he pointed that in several interviews!
The reason was, that many people, Mags, Bands,.. uso... said - if a Band records in Abyss Studios, the sound is always the same ...
I think they´r right according to many Bands he or his brother recorded/engineered...
But also i think, when it came so.. the Band wanted the "Abyss - Sound" !!
There are several other Albums recorded in Abyss-Studios, that doesn´t got the typical Abyss Sound... Withered Beauty - for Example - and that Album kicks ass !!!!!
Abyss Sound -> all Volume Controls on all frequencies - up to the MAX !! :D