AC/DC, Megadeth, The Offspring

Gavin

Crikey
Apr 17, 2001
What do these bands have in common? They are all playing in one show in England on the 8th of june, fuck yea

The Offspring.... :mad: How annoying.

I feel your pain.

It could be worse though, it could be.
GREENDAY
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I like offspring :D

See gav, this is the sort of stuff that makes your holiday worthwhile! Next time you get homesick, just think, spawny is at home in oz dreading waking up the next morning as he has to go to work and generally live his loser life, whilst IM going to see acdc deth and offspring.....I know who id rather be!
See, cheered you up didnt I?? :lol:

its cool, im not feeling ok now, thanks spawny.
I can't wait for that show, i have never seen megadeth before and i was really pissed when i found out i was going to miss them in OZ, now i found out i will see them first.
they are 4th on the bill though, i hope they get to do a decent set.

Originally posted by Gavin
its cool, im not feeling ok now, thanks spawny.
I can't wait for that show, i have never seen megadeth before and i was really pissed when i found out i was going to miss them in OZ, now i found out i will see them first.
they are 4th on the bill though, i hope they get to do a decent set.

NOT feeling ok??? What did i say!!!???? :eek: :eek:

haha sorry typo, i am feeling ok. Infact im feeling bloody good
I don't mind the offspring but i wish deth were above them in the setlist

Megadeth were added late to the bill on that gig... that's why they are 4th on the bill... and I heard that they were only playing a 45-50 min set because of this... that's what I heard, not sure if it's true or not.

Gav... if you are inclined to try and get backstage and if you're waiting like near the stage door or something and you see Dave Mustaine or their tour manager Steve Wood (here's what he looks like www.megadeth.com/diary/images/steve.jpg) yell out to them that you know Paul Cooper... they'll know who I am... I dunno if it'll work... you might have to bullshit some story to them, but they might let you backstage if they're having a meet 'n' greet.

Thanks coops, im sure they will give me the full vip treatment if i mention your name :)
I would love to meet them, come to think of it i have never even heard a recording of megadeth live.

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
Will that work at the Melb gig Coops?? :D

It might do blitzy... but seeing as I'll be there too, when they ask me do I know this guy... it'll be like "Huh?? I've never seen him before in my life" ;) :lol:

Oh and I haven't forgotten about finding out about the age limit thing for the Melbourne show... but seeing as I can't find out any info on any of the shows I can't really tell you much at this stage.

Gav... the reason you've never heard a megadeth live recording is because there is a severe lack of Megadeth live albums!

Originally posted by Gavin
haha sorry typo, i am feeling ok. Infact im feeling bloody good
I don't mind the offspring but i wish deth were above them in the setlist

Phew.......

:)

Thats cool Coops....I'm just praying I can go to this show. I don't wanna miss one of my fav bands live in possibly the only chance I will get to see them because I'm a couple of months too young...

Yeah, whats up with no live album....the "Live Trax" ep and some bonus tracks and b-sides are all I've heard...I don't have any 'Deth boots.

So what are they like live?
I can't picture it.
Does dave run around and stuff or just look angry at the croud.

The Melbourne gig is not likely to be all-age if it's at the Palace. If there was an all-age show it'd probably be separate, like Suicidal Tendencies and also Cannibal Corpse in 1995.

Originally posted by Cooperman

Gav... if you are inclined to try and get backstage and if you're waiting like near the stage door or something and you see Dave Mustaine or their tour manager Steve Wood (here's what he looks like www.megadeth.com/diary/images/steve.jpg) yell out to them that you know Paul Cooper... they'll know who I am... I dunno if it'll work... you might have to bullshit some story to them, but they might let you backstage if they're having a meet 'n' greet.

You're just loving this aren't ya Pooper :D

whatever Kem :rolleyes:

If ANYONE wants to drop my name to try and get backstage at ANY Megadeth concert I'm happy for them to give it a try... it may not work, but they can try! I've got a mate backpacking through the US who's gonna be giving it a shot and a mate working in England who's gonna see if it works... just thought I'd let Gav know seeing as he missed his chance to meet them when they did the instore.

thanks again coops, Megadeth were the main band that got me into metal in the first place!!!!
I got Rust in Peace when it first came out and that was it!!!!
If i got backstage i would be a legend among heaps of my friends plus it would just rule...