AC/DC

Cool, big show ey ? I've never been to one anywhere near that size. Kickin it on their home turf too, where were they from ?

They have plenty of great songs

I think they're from the Australian leg of the UK

Very funny though I stand by the idea that Australia is quite Brit. and was part of the UK regardless specific history I did not know. The question was what area of the country were they from.

I used to really like AC/DC when I was new to hard rock (before getting seriously into metal). Now, it´s a band I don´t listen to much (the same goes for most hard rock bands I used to like back then). I enjoy listening to them when hanging out with friends, especially when having some beer or whiskey. Their music fits well for that sort of thing, but it´s not the sort of music I put on if I´m alone and want to really listen to music. As many people I prefer the stuff they made with Bon Scott, especially the Highway to Hell album

At the time I though it was some pretty elementary and "stupid" music. Later much later I accepted it for its purpose... which was being stupid and having fun

Been getting back into this slab 'o brilliance:

album-ACDC-For-Those-About-to-Rock-We-Salute-You.jpg

Easily the best Brian album next to Back In Black. Evil Walks, Inject The Venom and the title track in particular are fucking killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been raging on some Back in Black lately. So fucking good.

I've really grown to appreciate the "quality" of their lyrics over time. Many of their best songs are those with a constant succession of retardedly macho/womanizing one-liners that are hilarious just because they're so bad.

zabu of nΩd;9816908 said:
I've really grown to appreciate the "quality" of their lyrics over time. Many of their best songs are those with a constant succession of retardedly macho/womanizing one-liners that are hilarious just because they're so bad.

"She had the face of an angel
Smiling with sin
The body of Venus with arms"

:D

i saw a AC/DC-coverband last week. and they were soo bad. but most of the older people there (I'm talking about the 50+) seemed to have a lot of fun.

I think there are a lot of bad AC/DC coverbands around. It was not the first one I saw.