Accept?

speed103

Mar 15, 2011
Are there any others here who cant get into them either?Just like Motorhead i only can get into a few songs.Its the vocals mainly.

Are there any others here who cant get into them either?Just like Motorhead i only can get into a few songs.Its the vocals mainly.

Unlike Motorhead (which I love) I can't get into Accept mainly because I don't stand Udo voice at all, and sadly Tornillo didn't made anything to change than feeling either.

i love the new accept and the albums balls to the wall and restless and wild with udo are killer slabs of metal

I recently started to listen to my old vinyl LPs after having them in storage for years and one of the first albums I heard was Accept's Metal Heart which has some great songs on it. I've also read rave reviews on their Blood of Nations album as well as the new one.

Unlike Motorhead (which I love) I can't get into Accept mainly because I don't stand Udo voice at all, and sadly Tornillo didn't made anything to change than feeling either.

Bite me !!!

Accept is Accept. One of the things that is most cool about them is that they really own their own sound. Certainly that is true for many, many good/great bands......... but I think maybe even more so for Accept. I also think it tends to polarize people as well though. You have more people that really like them or really dislike them than those that just think they are a "pretty good band." That is just my experience from being a fan since 1985.

Bryant

Bite me !!!
Bryant

Any time sweetheart
nana.gif

What took you so long to came and defend the honor of the teutinic terrors? :wave:

I'm also very much into Accept and love Udo's snarling vocals!
It took some time to get used to Tornillo's kind of snarling but he's actually a great choice for new Accept. To top all that, their two latest albums are great and I'm really glad that they're back properly!

To me, Udo's voice is one of the main things that made Accept special. For example, the 1989 album (eat the heat) without Udo just doesn't sound like Accept. Personally, I don't like it. The singer force the other musicians change their way of playing, as everyone has his/her style of singing.
It's all about tastes, but...

I actually thought David Reece had a nice voice, but he never sang for Accept (and wouldn't fit to begin with.) Reece sang for some band that stole Accept's name, because those songs sounded NOTHING like the real Accept. It really had nothing to do with Reece, but rather the rediculous direction Accept tried to go in as far as songwriting. Reece was actually the highlight of that fiasco, because the musicianship and songwriting was awful.

I'm also very much into Accept and love Udo's snarling vocals!
It took some time to get used to Tornillo's kind of snarling but he's actually a great choice for new Accept. To top all that, their two latest albums are great and I'm really glad that they're back properly!

I think Udo might be the "the" most difficult singer in metal to try and emulate. Udo is incredibly unique. When I heard that Accept had a new singer, I thought there was no way it would work. I was wrong. I think there is no other man on earth that could step in and not only do justice to the classics, but also create new material for Accept while retaining the Accept sound, yet not be an Udo clone. Mark was born to be the singer for Accept.

Yea, I was waiting and waiting and Bryant didn't show up. What up with that Bryant? Getting slow and old? :D

Getting busy and "fatherly"...... old ? NEVER !!!

Bryant

I actually thought David Reece had a nice voice

Nice, but uninteresting run-of-the-mill kind of nice voice...

I think Udo might be the "the" most difficult singer in metal to try and emulate. Udo is incredibly unique. When I heard that Accept had a new singer, I thought there was no way it would work. I was wrong. I think there is no other man on earth that could step in and not only do justice to the classics, but also create new material for Accept while retaining the Accept sound, yet not be an Udo clone. Mark was born to be the singer for Accept.

Glad Mark finally got his 5 minutes of glory, since TT Quick didn't fare very well back in th day :D

Balls to the Wall was the second album I purchased, after Number of the Beast.