Accoustic Guitars

Sabin Frost

Doom makes me happy
Apr 21, 2007
South Australia, Australia
Looking at getting a good accoustic guitar for use in Melodic Black Metal or Doom Metal, I like the sound of Opeth's accoustics in Morningrise. I have pretty much decided a Classic Accoustic Guitar, E tuning, steel strings would work well, but as for brands or other things to consider I have no idea, help?

EDIT: I played before, just never an accoustic. I have a good knowledge of theory, it just lies more in the classical and jazz direction then metal as I play Brass.

You probable want an acoustic electric. This way you'll get much better sound quality when recording or playing live(so you dont have to mic it).Brand wise you'd be safe with any Ibanez,Martin,Taylor,Ovation,Gibson,Takemine, or even Fender.

if you want a classical acoustic guitar then there is no such thing as a steel string classical acoustic... but if you want a steel string acoustic then get a Martin Guitar... they are the best imo... if you want a traditional Classical guitar I would explore what the masters of Classical guitar used and if you don't mind paying a pretty penny then buy one of those... Classical masters:

Andres Segovia
Sharon Isbin
John Williams
Julian Bream
Jorge Morel