Acid Bath

Xorv

Drug the Priest
May 30, 2005
the bowels of lochness
Please tell me you've heard of them! THIS is one of the greatest doom metal band since Cadlemass and Black Sabbath.

Pagan Terrorism Tactics is a work of louisiana art. R.I.P - Audie Petrie

Err, there are plenty of differences. Namely, stoner is mostly really gay but occasionally alright, sludge is pretty much always very gay, doom is mostly gay but occasionally cool.

Bah, there are just as many "gay" black metal bands and death metal bands as stoner, sludge, and doom. The trick is to sift through the "gay" shit and find the gems. And I'll wager GoD has minimal experience with all 3 of these genres.

Regarding the topic, Acid Bath's two albums are some of the finest in the sludge genre, alongside Iron Monkey.

J. said:
Bah, there are just as many "gay" black metal bands and death metal bands as stoner, sludge, and doom. The trick is to sift through the "gay" shit and find the gems. And I'll wager GoD has minimal experience with all 3 of these genres.

Yes, yes and no. Well, I'm pretty well schooled in doom, not the other two. There are quite a few doom recordings I really like, but most of it is boring, whiny, defeatist nogwoggery.

I need to get some more knowledge in the sludge and stoner genre. Acid Bath is the only one I have. For doom metal all I've heard are Black Sabbath (duh!) and Candlemass.

J. said:
Regarding the topic, Acid Bath's two albums are some of the finest in the sludge genre, alongside Iron Monkey.
Weird how I just heard about them this weekend and Iron Monkey is popping up everywhere. Tell me more.

what a coincidence, I've just heared them yesterday for the first time. They're a pretty cool band, Scream of the Butterfly is a great ballad and the lyrics are funny

Christie_fell said:
Weird how I just heard about them this weekend and Iron Monkey is popping up everywhere. Tell me more.

Split up English band with two full-lengths (like Acid Bath) and a couple of splits I believe. Similar to Eyehategod, but much better IMO, because they groove a lot and bring an extreme stoner influence into their music. The vocals however, is where a lot of people will jump ship. Johnny Morrow (RIP) has throat ripping vocals, very different from Acid Bath.

I like both the albums, but Our Problem is the better of the two. It's pretty easy to find for a cheap price on eBay or www.half.com

"i am a pecker licker"

Nice edit on my post you nerdy looking reject.