Acmebargig Shred tested! - Ola's DI tracks!

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
I decided to test out Acmebargig's new release, Shred!

Its a fucking awesome amp sim, its takes a bit of tweaking to get sounding smooth for metal like Ola's song, but just have a listen and you will hear, it sounds pretty good :D

More people need to check it out, because Ken at Acmebargig has worked so hard to get it ready and released! and no-one on here has really used it in a mix yet:hotjump: which is just crazy, because it kicks ass.

Anyway -

Version using Shred -
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Goddamn Guitars song - Shred Test.mp3

Version using TSE X30 -
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Goddamn Guitar's song - Muckypup1 version - TSE X30.mp3

I actually prefer the Shred version, its got more grind to it :devil:

The overheads are too loud, you can't really compare the two tones with this mix

I can post the tracks without drums if it helps people hear the tones better...

I'm not slating TSE X30 at all, I love TSE X30! But I find it hard getting a middy sound with it, and with Shred, I find it easier to get a very middy tone with :D

I like the TSX30 version more. Shred sounds flat in comparison here. And I actually think that TSX30 has way more grind here.

Shogger

i dig the tsx version also, its more what the song calls for. other than your cymbals and hats being a little loud it sounds good!

i dig the tsx version also, its more what the song calls for. other than your cymbals and hats being a little loud it sounds good!

I like both, I think the tse sound goes better with the song actually, but for a more djent/meshuggah style tone where 8 string guitars are being used, I think that Shred could sound better, because it has more mids to give it that cold and harsh tone that those kind of low tunings need :D

the one thing i dont dig about these sims is that no matter what you cant get rid of the excess noise while your playing.

Ya, i like the e530 sim better. Seems like it doesnt really have its own spot in the mix though.

I kept the bass pretty loud, and it had a very grindy sound, its what adds to the whole sound, the solo'ed guitar tracks are pretty thin.