Deftones - RX Queen cover! - DI tracks :)

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
Hey dudes, I recorded a full RX Queen cover today, here a rough mix by me is - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Deftones - RX Queen Cover.mp3

And I will have the DI tracks uploaded and ready by tomorrow :D

I need some vocals done though, so If you like Deftones, can sing clean and have a mic, do the vocals haha!

Let me know what you think of my version, I spent all day getting everything recorded and getting the sounds :D

Also, I am using a set of strings that are pretty old now...SO the DI's aren't the clearest, but they are still ok :)

EDIT -

The DI tracks are here! - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Deftones - RX Queen - Muckypup1 cover.rar

You will find everything in there for the song, the DI tracks to all the guitars and bass, and the midi tracks for the drums.

the cymbals are too wide, way too loud, and a mirror image of the deftones version which was kinda distracting, there are also a lot of snare hits missing and in general the drums are too clean sounding, the deftones drums are compressed and distorted as fuck and actually sound a bit lofi. and there is no tremolo on the clean guitar and the distorted guitars lack the wall of sound quality, are they doubled or quadtracked? and also the synth thingy is missing from the end.

the cymbals are too wide, way too loud, and a mirror image of the deftones version which was kinda distracting, there are also a lot of snare hits missing and in general the drums are too clean sounding, the deftones drums are compressed and distorted as fuck and actually sound a bit lofi. and there is no tremolo on the clean guitar and the distorted guitars lack the wall of sound quality, are they doubled or quadtracked? and also the synth thingy is missing from the end.

I had to cut the end off because I don't have any good synth plugins :(

I just used a Guitar Pro tab for the drums.

I'm working on both the guitar tones to get them sounding huge, but I made this just so people could hear a rough version.

I quadtracked the chorus sections, and double tracked everything else.

And the drums are a bit :erk: I'm also working on them :D