Acoustic gig of Danny Cavanagh

doom_death

Katatonia&Hypocrisy Fan
Sep 4, 2005
Zagreb,Croatia[Hrvatska]
Well, yesterday I was witness for one of the best concerts I've ever been :rolleyes:

It was pretty much exclusive concert, and it was perfect. The concert was sitting, with limited number of people( I think somewhere about 100 chairs was there). Danny asked people to refrain of smoking, so believe it or not, at whole gig of Danny there was not one cigarette lighted-up :kickass: The interaction with public was grat, he was talking about upcoming Anathema's album, he asked people how to say 'thanks' in Croatian language, he took his camera and pictured the audience couple of times,etc,etc...amazing, nothing else to say, very,very cool guy :headbang:

The gig last for about two and a half hours, and setlist was something about this:

Fragile Dreams, Lost Control, One Last Goodbye, Angelica, Leave No Trace, Temporary Peace, Forgotten Hopes, Destiny is Dead, Inner Silence, cover version of Pink Floyd's High Hopes, and one song of Nick Drake I don't know the name :)

Well...that was the day to remember :)

P.s. Look at this beauty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Sounds great.
Impressive to se Danny do these songs on his own, must have been a little scary when he first started doing this, go on stage by himself and all that being used to having the band with him etc.

I hope they come back to Sweden soon again.

By the way, he opened the concert with Iron Maiden's cover 'Waisted years' :)

And here is yet another clip,song Lost Control, I won't bother you anymore after this :saint:

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching the clips. He did the same here in Italy on Wed., the 5th, something limited to a few hundred of persons only in Milan, but I couldn't be there, 'coz of the gig of the Cure a few days earlier and the gig of Paradise Lost here in Florence of yesterday night. I didn't imagine he would've played sooo many songs of AnathemA. I knew it would've been something pretty acoustic, but mainly of covers, not AnathemA's material. Great... yeah, keep botherin' us. Gonna look for some comments after the Italian gig.

I saw him on March 6th in Vienna, he was awesome :)
There were only about 30-40 people, he didn't really have a fixed setlist and asked us to just shout out what he should play, and it just felt quite personal, got to talk to him afterwards also :)

he played Belgrade the day after Zagreb, it was 170 tickets sold plus about 30 people on the guest list.

it was perfect :)

Danny also played me a new Anathema track tomorrow morning on our way to the airport... it is a demo song called Summernight Horizon, and it sounds really really great.

heavier than Empty and Panic I'd tell, the song has crazy drums and nervous piano theme plus the heavy distortions.. it is nothing like the postrockish new stuff, it is more fullrock Anathema. he played me the version without vocals, but it sounded killer nevertheless.

Danny said it would probably the 2nd track off the new album, so wach for that one.

I love me some Anathema but with no backup band...I would get a little bored after about an hour. He has an amazing voice and everything with good song selection but...I dunno.