acoustic/unplugged gigs

khayman

sand in my veins
what do you people think about gigs which would only feature acoustic versions of katatonia songs, only with jonas and anders; something like danny`s antimatter acoustic shows. even moonspell was able to do that, so don`t tell me that it`s impossible or unfitting, because i doubt that. this idea popped into my head while i was listening to the acoustic version of 'saw you drown' released at the first cover contest, the one with female vocals. the production wasn`t good, but the song itself was marvellous. so what do you think?

Dunno, if they want to join a trend stream. But if Jonas will be have a more free time he can record an album in lo-fi offcourse, nevertheless it's not too much free time with child on the hands, trust me :) U'll enjoy even an hour of silence with football on tv screen....

I'd love to see a show like that. Actually, that sort of thing was a lot more trendy ten years ago, with "MTV Unplugged" & Co. I don't see what's so trendy about it nowadays. Anyway, some people will have noticed that I've consistently pleaded for an acoustic EP/album by Katatonia, so obviously I would welcome an acoustic set just as much. If Mikael from Opeth came along, that would be even better. Just imagine a combined set with Katatonia and Opeth songs, featuring both band's vocalists.
eek.gif

I really like those acustic parts in "Sulphur" or in " A darkness coming", yes more acustic stuff will be highly appreciated!

well, I've seen Danny Cavanagh's first three solo shows, and I really enjoyed hearing my favourite songs in a quite different version...
He used acoustic guitar, an electric guitar (with a lot of delay effect), a piano and his voice.
Such shows are also opportunities to do some really unexpected cover songs.