Unplugged Tribute to Katatonia?

Should there be an acoustic.unplugged tribute to katatonia

• Yes, I'd love to hear or partake in creating an acoustic song

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • No Katatonia's song only can exist in a heavy state.

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
a while ago there was a "tribute" album to Katatonia, now I was wondering if we could do an unplugged tribute album how those would feel about it.

I hope Katatonia would like to do an unplugged version of their songs as well at some point, i bet it would be fantastic.

so yea who would be interested?

oh and what songs would you like to do.. I could do My Twin or For my Demons right now but i was thinking a more serious approach ie. mixed with some violins etc, it could be so gorgeous if done right.

(ps i am serious about this i would actually get in a female singer to sing one of the songs just to give it a bit of edge, I can sing jonas of the planet, but he'd leave me crying)

I would like to hear the unplugged version of
1. 12
2. Dead House
3. Teargas
4. For my demons
5. endtime
6. without god
7. rainroom
8. tonight's music
9. sulfur

my friend did a rainroom acoustic version and pretty impressive!!
I could post on here once I back home :)

not the full song but the last part, it sounds very cool!

would be nice, why not...

Hobo said:
if someone teaches me how to record music i am in..
dunno what song though :)

i see it's your birthday too, cheerz!!
december souls, that is :D
fest30.gif

I'd be interested in playing deadhouse, one of my favorites, ever.
Also, maybe Disposession or Quiet World.

happy delayed Birthday to Hobo and Scarlet!
@Hobo, if you need a cooperation for an acustic song..I'm in! Unfortunately I don't have many instruments in Sweden..but maybe I can do backing vocals?:)

On the first unofficial katatonia tribute thing some chick did an acoustic version of 'saw you drown' it was just a guitar and her vocals, it wasn't the best recording sound wise but it turned out really nice.

I would be down for it

Yes, it's a pretty good idea. It might became a good material, if it's well done.

I would like to record something myself, but unfortunately I probably will not have time to do something decent enough to a Kata tribute; so, I'll just wait for the final result. ;)

I'd love to do an acoustic version of Murder or Rainroom.. or Even 12..

Or even an acoustic medley sort of thing that combines parts of all the songs on Brave Murder Day.

Well its nice to see some real interest in doing this, hopefully I'll try to set up something on myspace.com and host what I've come up with, I'm working on learning a few tracks so they work on acoustic guitar, but any suggestions on where you thing would be a good place, and whether your prepared to submit either links or the tracks themselves, if anyone needs help mastering of a final track let me know as I have a bit of experience and the right kit to pull that of.

Not sure about legalities of doing this sort of thing is there going to be a problem hosting the songs?
(bearing in mind we are not doing this for money, rather love of the music)