If Katatonia covered the Cure...

insidethefall

somewhere nowhere
Jan 26, 2003
pittsburgh, pa
Visit site
Today I was listening to the old cure stuff and thinking how much Katatonia was obviously influenced by their vocals and guitar dynamics, so what would be the ideal song for Katatonia to cover?

Mine would be A Strange Day cause it's kinda dark, kinda light, seems like it would be perfect

another topic - would anyone like to see a Katatonia album of cover songs?

They already did ...

;) Yes, it's a joke. I know it's not really a cover you fools!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Same Deep Water As You, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep or Where the Birds Always Sing.

An album of covers would be a good idea, or an EP at least.

@ BlueSky Yes Help Me Disappear is for sure a Cure sounding song...

The first song that comes to my mind is If Only Tonight We Could Sleep and the second one is The Same Deep Water As You...

A cover album would be great with a Depeche Mode song in it maybe... Macro would be a perfect choice for a Depeche Mode cover.
Edit: Now that I think about the lyrics of Macro, it's not so suitable for Katatonia maybe.

I'd much rather get original material as soon as possible instead of wasting precious time on a cover album.

I think "To Wish Impossible Things" is the most Katatonia sounding song, especially the vocals and the vocal harmonies. What sticks out the most for me is the vocal harmony during the line "It was the sweetness of your skin, it was the hope of all that might have been" at the 2.35 mark.

I think "To Wish Impossible Things" is the most Katatonia sounding song, especially the vocals and the vocal harmonies. What sticks out the most for me is the vocal harmony during the line "It was the sweetness of your skin, it was the hope of all that might have been" at the 2.35 mark.

This is a really beautiful song and yes it sounds much like Katatonia...great choice

I guess I'd like to hear something along the lines of...maybe, The Same Deep Water As You, Siamese Twins, The Figurehead, Other Voices....though I dunno how well they could re-create the cold, numbing vibes of some of those tracks if it sounded anything like their last album, although I'm guesing they wouldn't have any problems with textures.

In I Break and Discouraged Ones in general Jonas sounds a lot like R. Smith