new katatonia radio interview tomorrow

Blakkheim

In the Still of the Night
May 16, 2001
Stockholm
www.katatonia.com
there's gonna be another katatonia interview tomorrow (thursday) on P3 rock at 22:30 (cet). you can tune in via their website and the show will also be there to stream archived.

a little bit earlier in the evening, at 20:30 bandit rock 106.3 will also list the 3 best songs voted off TCGD. it's also rumoured two of the vj's will do an acoustic cover of 'my twin' on their morning show part called bandit unplugged.

a good day for katatonia on the air!

Grrrrreat! Still remember the interview you've done for P3 Rock as VE was released, it was the first time I heard the "real voices" ;)
Will definitely check out the show!

is there a way to record it? I mean I cannot record stream files..I´m totally ignorant...
And I´ll post the translation in English for the other fans, hopefully with the help of some Swede because there could be some misunderstandings here and there..but it´s an excellent way for training my Swedish, ha ha Kata can be very didactical, better than teachers:)

I hope I'm listening to the right channel.
No Katatonia interview at the moment :err:
Anyone on the right channel?
I'm on "P3 Rockster".
There is a "P3 Rock" too, but this is not live, so...

I heard the interview a couple of minutes ago...but it seemed like unfinished, well at least they sent two-three songs from the new album and spoke a little bit with jonas and Anders..but I was expecting a kind of conlcusion..when they then started to speak about Vemod, etc..mhhhI wonder if it already finished...

however I´ve tried to record it and I guess they will put it on streaming in the data base, so you have a chance to listen to it again...
( now I see if I managed to record it because I had a momentary problem with my connection, so maybe a little bit is missing...but ok I´ll post the translation as soon as possible)
the radio is however P3 ( p3 rock begins at 22.10)

thx, but i just downloaded realplayer today, never have used that crappy program before.. but it still dont wanna play that link :(
i only get an error message saying "an error has occurred".

it seems like it is some error then connecting to the url ? i really dont get it...

ok here is the translation (as usual some mistakes here and then...but ok..I should listen to it more carefully..)

Here is a short Katatonia resume:

J:We have been buddies since we were teenagers, the early teen years, and I think that at the beginning we had the same music taste when we began talk about music as (ett antal???)… the most…(I didn’t understand a word here..)
And then it came up that we should start a band and I think we started the band even before we knew how you could play an instrument
P3:So that was it probably…
J: But it’s also quite typical for us, because, yeah, we didn’t care so much if we couldn’t play, it was just cult to have a band.
P3: leaders introduces Katatonia seventh album The great Cold Distance, P3 rock talk with the central circle JR and AN the ones who were in for the beginning 15 years ago. At that time it was black metal and corpse painting that counted after that had outfit and development gone out, another talk ( I´m not sure I maybe misunderstood those words…).
Jonas and Anders think that TGCD is harder than the previous album VE from 2003.
J: I mean with this album we wanted to make a little harder album, I think this came out went we toured for the previous album VE and we noticed that both we and the audience liked the little harder material and so it felt like really nice to focus on that and at the same time try to keep that special Katatonia sound.
P3:yes good that you say that, the special Katatonia sound, can you define that?
A: yeah, it´s difficult to say, I mean, the question is again where it lies according to a genre, but I think that our sound is, well two words seem to explain our music, dark and heavy. This is what I think katatonia is for me and I hope for others too.
J: If we begin from when we started the band when we were 15, so it was this kind of music that we already wanted to do at that time, even if we had a bit of other influences and we couldn’t play so good, but I think we still have the same theory about music….
P3:The itch…Katatonia on P3 rock.Anders Nyström told us about the band()?…that we think is well illustrated, those feeling that the music arouses, that you want to arouse actually. Anders and Jonas go on talking about what they think about katatonia music in 2006, when we are going to speak soon about movies and soundtracks.
A: when it feels that the inspiration comes as you want to do in the album( I misunderstood something here…). and something that is unique for Katatonia and for me and Jonas and our cooperation is that when we kind of sit and write an album together and then we don’t talk so much about tones and notes and stuff, but more on visions, to follow our visions and kind of get to more painted scenarios that we get in our minds, it’s like trying to get this even if, wait, you can compare that with someone who directs a film, even if we, well, direct an album instead.
P3:Music for films…, also music that is in a film and films and similar too,(not sure about this first part…) is there something that seems inspiring?
A: yeah, specially, what can I say; the mood in the film is something inspiring for us. In the new album we have a lot of backgrounds, what can I say, sounds and effects that are quite filmic, which creates an incredibly deepness in the music, things that maybe you cannot hear so early in the album, but if we take them off, then it becomes really thin in a way, so there is probably a lot of atmosphere in this way, what you can also hear in films where you feel this great and deep atmosphere…
“Increase” with Katatonia from the seventh cd of the band, TGCD.
Singer Jonas Renkse and guitarist Anders Nyström are the ones who makes the most of the music in Katatonia and speak about this with pleasure.

I don´t know if the interview was over..I listened until here....

ether said:
I don´t know if the interview was over..I listened until here....
Yeah, that was probably it. Would've liked to hear more, but its still good to hear them get airplay.

Deadlift said:
It seems this link works for everyone except me *sigh*. It downloads ok until 87% and then shows the error like this mp3 file suddenly turns to HTML page... I tried twice, but it's still the same:( Maybe I'm just dumb but I can't do anything with that... So the only thing I can say on this subject is (to quote Mr. Blakkheim) "FUKK!". But it's cool anyway that Katatonia is constantly on air now. I can hardly believe it... Wow!