AD Drums test, Melodic Death

Emdprodukt

Member of Dude Castle 69
Jun 26, 2007
Kiel, Germany
I was playing around today with AD Drums for the first time. LOVE IT. I started with the "egg"-preset and went from there. I haven't changed too much which would be blasphemy anyway because that preset is is damn good! Anyway, give it a listen!

Guitars are UX2 with Gearbox, ENGL V30 Impulse, EMG 81, quadtracked.
No Bassguitar yet... :(

http://www.soundclick.com/vanityruinsger

what's your panning for the guitar tracks? they sound 100% in each speaker. they sound closer to double tracked than your classic quad tracker. not a complaint necessarily, just an observation.

what's your setting on the impulse? you change any EQ or anything? I can't quite my ENGLv30 impulse to sound that bright and clear.

Man I like that a lot! Sounds great!:headbang:

Can you post a lil more on your setup? Is toneport pretty much gearbox, if so can you post your patch? What post processing are u doing to the guitars (eq, compression). And what post processing to the drums after addictive?

I just slamed a high/low pass on it. some c4 ala Sneap. They're 100% panned...I don't know why I did that. would sound much better if I did 100% and 80% but I guess I just forgot about it :D I will repan it tomorrow.

I did nothing to the impulse. I just loaded it in Sir2 and thats it. No Eq at all. It's pretty much just Gearbox with Impulse. Glad you like it!

Dude, how did you do the cymbal-swell on the beginning of your "AD-drums test"?
I consider myself a pretty good drum-programmer, but I never managed to get the swells right.

Dude, how did you do the cymbal-swell on the beginning of your "AD-drums test"?
I consider myself a pretty good drum-programmer, but I never managed to get the swells right.

I was never able to get it right with DFH. But with AD Drums it took me less than a minute. Awesome :-D

This is how I did it:

swellsbs9.jpg

I took no time to make them better (they're getting too loud in the end) but quite easy with ad!

Hmm... Cymbal 1 double?!?
I think I missed that when I mapped the AD-set in Logic. What does the "double" mean anyway?

When I try that with the normal cymbals, the attacks are too prominent for a decent swell.

Hmm... Cymbal 1 double?!?
I think I missed that when I mapped the AD-set in Logic. What does the "double" mean anyway?

When I try that with the normal cymbals, the attacks are too prominent for a decent swell.

That double thing sound like the other cymbals aswell (to me). just a normal hit. I tried to make a swell without the cymbal 1 dobule and had the same result. You can hear the attack but I think it got lost between the guitars.

Okay, thanks anyway ...
Maybe it really just has to do with the guitars burying the attack. Gotta try that in a full mix.