Behemoth meets Bloodbath meets Hatesphere... or something like that

could take some time until this is going to happen. this is the first try to write a song together. don't know if this will be the final version of the song :)

Still hate the attack on the kick drum and toms, and the snare is still too loud on the blast beats IMO (but good otherwise) - also, I much prefer the guitars with that cut, but now the rumbling thunder is even worse; I'm assuming it's still the bass, but it might be the guitars also - really all you did was cut at 750? Cuz I like that the annoying cocked wah sound is gone, but now they sound much more muddy/woofy (or it could be the bass as I mentioned). But to me this isn't indicative of needing the 750 Hz that you cut, but rather turning down the bass of the guitars and taming that freakin' bass guitar. And it might be the kick fighting with the bass as well.

Maybe it's the parallel compression on the guitars. I have no idea. something is rumbeling. I made a fairly big cut for lows in the bass around 200hz. I thought it helped a bit but maybe I just brought the rumbling back with the parallel compression. I'll give it a try tomorrow. I also took some 7khz and 4khz. maybe I should them back.

Nah, it's not like there's too little/treble cut in the guitars, just too much mud/woof IMO, so adding 4k/7k wouldn't really help! I've never tried parallel compressing guitars, but that seems a bit suspect...

I did another update but I'm not sure anymore. Sometimes I think the rumbling is still there. I searched for in the kick and the bass. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong with the low frequenzys. No parallel compression in the guitars anymore, put back the 4k and 7k, made a small cut around 125hz, made a kinda huge cut in the bass between 125 and 200hz. I took a lot bass out of the kickdrum, too. Maybe my ears are really fucked.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=801612&songID=7406143