Adder - Let It Rip

matgvox1342

Apr 2, 2007
NJ
Most bands you see at local shows are quite mediocre and low key. But to my surprise, one dark and cold night in a small town called Delran, NJ, I happened upon a ear shattering metal band playing some sleazy pool hall. My expectations were low, expecting a generic metalcore or some dime a dozen grindcore band that dominates the Jersey scene. But Adder was quite unlike that. A guitarist who, at first sight, looks anything less than a pro. Stacks and stacks of heads, amps, tuners, countless other gadgets might look like he was trying to compensate for less than great playing. But the riffs layed down by him set the room on fire. You could tell these guys practice constantly and they are pretty damn good songwriters. Think of Pantera meets Megadeth with harsher vocals. The vocalist resonated tones reminiscent of Phil Anselmo, Phil Labonte, and Corpsegrinder Fisher all in one line. If you guys haven't heard of this band I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you check them out. Their myspace is at

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=11915804

Tell me what you think.

Two songs I might recommend are In A Blaze of Glory and Villian.