Additional Missing Lyrics to Heir Apparent (Final Lyrics)

burntoast

Jan 8, 2007
After deciphering the code myself, I came across the following lyrics, which I believe are the missing pieces to the lyrics of "Heir Apparent" (oddly, they weren't included in the original solution):

YOURBODYAVEHICLETOHOUSEHISDISEASESLOWDAYSSLOWWORDSSLOWLIESSLOWENDSLOWIAINSSLOWDEATHS

Descrambled, the lyrics would be (thanks to Stilgar for the corrections):

Your body a vehicle to house his disease

Slow days
Slow words
Slow lies
Slow ends

Slow pains
Slow deaths

So the final lyrics to "Heir Apparent" are as follows:

Slow days
Slow words
Slow lies
Slow ends

So many years to clean the slate
Endless despair within its wake
His touch soiling what used to be clean
His gaze burning on the edge of our dreams
No more

Slow pains
Slow deaths

And again he rides in, it's September and he covets the gullible
Skeletal wish - hunter
A thousand lies, cast from the throne of secrecy

Hear him spewing forth a meaning to miserables lies
See the twisted hand of doubt seal the affair
The insect trust - believer
Your body a vehicle to house his disease

Pearls before swine they are nothing but blind
Submit to nothing and swallow my spit of scorn
Invisible king - dying
Procession of woe, struck down by sorrow

A burden so great weighs heavy on old and withered beliefs
The swift solution crumbles beneath the mock notes of a masterpiece
Death in his eyes - waiting
Spiralling judgement, provoked in the rains

This futile test drowned in the levee of deception

In the year of his sovereign
Rid us of your judgement
Heir apparent

So did I.

I must add that "to house his disease" is a killer lyric. (Thanks for the correction Stilgar.)

Pearls before swine they are nothing but blind
Submit to nothing and swallow my spit of scorn

soooooooooooo goooooooooooooood

The best thing is like....

"HEIR APPARENT" at the end is just so fast, the growl phrasing is the best of any Opeth song. The most I listen to this song, the more I like it. But I find myself skipping the outro a lot.

Yeah I know. But when I'm in a death metal mood and not playing the song in its original context, I end up skipping it.

the end was one of my favorite opeth parts in a long time, the first time I heard it. I love the entire album now, but that ending really caught me, it's very emotional sounding to me, and it's a killer melody

Slow? Whoa, it doesn't sound like "slow" for me. "Through" is more acceptable. I hear "r" clearly.

UPD: arh, my fault. It's really "slow". THANKS!

After deciphering the code myself, I came across the following lyrics, which I believe are the missing pieces to the lyrics of "Heir Apparent" (oddly, they weren't included in the original solution):

Is that from the Special Edition? I decoded the regular edition myself and didn't leave anything out.

I'm glad we have those opening lines to Heir Apparent now. I was thinking that it was deliberately indecipherable, like it was something that Mikael didn't want us to know.

As for the ending of the song... I've had that ending melody stuck in my head all day today. I agree that the growling bit is awesome, and it always sounds like it's going to be the end of the song, but the melody at the end is good as well, even if it seems to be tacked on a bit.

The "*IS" is "HIS" and it's "slow pains". But yeah. This is what I got too.

Thanks! I guess I must have entered the wrong character when inputting, but I didn't have my SE copy to verify, and I jumped the gun seeing as there wasn't even an "a" in the decoding before "house." :lol:

Is that from the Special Edition? I decoded the regular edition myself and didn't leave anything out.

Yeah, it's from the SE.

Why didn't you just post this in one of the other 90 lyrics and decoding threads?

Why don't you have something useful to contribute?

I made a thread because I felt like it. Oh, I forgot—that's punishable by death here, what with all the "shit threads."

Seriously, why does everyone get so hot and bothered when someone decides to make a thread, even if it's one that's discussing something that's been covered (which this thread isn't really)?

It's a forum; there's bound to be repetition. Just move along if it bothers you that much.