Advent, around the 8 min. mark...

I like that part. And how Advent is kind of randomly put together, but all the riffs all sound like they belong together.

Originally posted by Powerslave
...where the distorted guitar comes in... best Opeth riff EVER, I swear! I could listen to that short section over and over and I would never get enough of it. I love Opeth.

How right can one person be?

Originally posted by sands of the seas
i guess i'm in the minority
i don't find anything special about it myself

I agree......doesn't sound interesting at all to me. I much favour the riff at the opening of Advent, or the riff at 12:22 in Black Rose Immortal......5:35 in White Cluster, 4:38 in Face Of Melinda (the drama! the drama!)

On this subject, I have to say that the riff at 13:39 of Black Rose Immortal has to be among the best I've ever heard.

about 4.30 on the moor.

i just love the way the music is so deep there.

guitar flying over the top.

and sweet riff

and passionate vocals.

just hits the spot for me

Originally posted by Ormir
On this subject, I have to say that the riff at 13:39 of Black Rose Immortal has to be among the best I've ever heard.

Agreed. Many times I've said that it's the best section of music I've heard by anyone.

omg yes.. that black rose immortal riff... the first time i heard it i went through the BRI tab lookin for it so i could learn it ;P (im a shit guitarist, can't figure shit out for crap - tab is the way!)

Damnit! Listen to that bit of Advent again! It needs to be appreciated!!

APPRECIATE IT!!! PPLLLEEAASSEE!!!

(sorry, its just such a brilliant part, you guys confuse me)

(and oh yeh, that BRI bit is another amazing part!)

I don't think that BRI riff is too great either. I mean, it's better than the Advent riff, but i prefer something like at the start of Forest of October (the intro is great, but i mean the part where the double bass kicks in) or the outro riff in Karma. Maybe i'm just picky :p