What is that part in bleak?

br00tal_jEff

Spatulas.
Jul 9, 2008
not sure yet
in the song bleak, there's a section that i can't figure out for guitar. after the clean part ("help me cure you" or w/e it actually is) there's the distorted riff that comes swelling in. after that riff there's that part with the distorted chords and the lead line on top. if you watch the live version from the roundhouse tapes (6:16 on Youtube), its the part that Mikael's playing. that's the part i can't figure out and all tabs that i've looked at don't have chords in that section, but he's obviously playing them. so yeah, sorry that took so long to explain, but if anyone could help me, that'd be awesome, thanks

Um if I interpreted your post right the part I think you're talking about is the same chords as before, just with a lead over it.

He's talking about that lead part, or at least that's what I understood, I have no idea what Mikael's playing on the DVD.

sorry, that post was really confusing lol. i'm talking about the rhythm part mikael is playing at that time.
search for the roundhouse tapes vid. of bleak on youtube, that part i'm talking about starts at 6:16

Its the same delay thing that paul gilbert and yngwie use.

When i get my delay pedal back monday i'll try and figure it out.

actually i can use some computer softwarez to try it.

I recorded it and put it up on my myspace.

Basically for example if you have 8th notes in 4/4 You want the delay to happen on the 4th eighth note. or maybe 3rd idk. just mess with it.

The way i was playing it was basically
B-------------------------8-7----------------
G---------11-12-9-11-7-9----9--7------------
D-------9-------------------------9--7-------
A-----7---------------------------------10--9

no its not 100% correct but i didn't spend like feeling more than 5 minutes on it.

www.myspace.com/moderately1337

oh motherfucker..

ignore this i just saw your last post.

in the song bleak, there's a section that i can't figure out for guitar. after the clean part ("help me cure you" or w/e it actually is) there's the distorted riff that comes swelling in. after that riff there's that part with the distorted chords and the lead line on top. if you watch the live version from the roundhouse tapes (6:16 on Youtube), its the part that Mikael's playing. that's the part i can't figure out and all tabs that i've looked at don't have chords in that section, but he's obviously playing them. so yeah, sorry that took so long to explain, but if anyone could help me, that'd be awesome, thanks

I'm no Bleak master and don't know how to play any of it, but from the video, I deduced that:

- The first thing Mike plays is a B power chord:

B--12
G--11
D--9

(when playing it for the second time or third I can't remember, he can't pass from lower strings to that chord that fast, so he doesn't put his ring finger on G-11 and just plays an octave B "chord")

Then he makes that 12 a 13, and then lifts his pinky and leaves us with just a B and its fifth.

The next motion is:

D--5
A--7

And then he puts his pinky to E string's 8th fret:

D--5
A--7
E--8

Then he proceeds to play the last part, which doesn't involve a chord (starting with 8-7-8-7-5 on the A string)

Got this from a GuitarPro file I have. Pretty sure this is the part you are talking about.
untitled.jpg

Make sure to slide between the different chord shapes. I just played it along with the song and it sounds right to me.