The acoustic part in the middle of Twilight is My Robe

Dammnare

Feb 16, 2008
Hello I am trying to find the tabs for this section but I cant read tabs good enough and dont know which part I need to play.I pick some parts but since I dont know the rhythm they dont turn out to be the right part or thats what I think.Can someone be kind and tell me which part in the tabs listed in this site ?

I got one more question..how do you play tabs like this :

---3-5-7---
---4-6-8---

Thank you very much.

Tablature in which numerical notes are directly above or below each other denotes chords in those instances; those notes are played simultaneously on the strings referred to by each line of dashes. That means '3 and 4' are played at the same time, followed by '5 and 6' then '7 and 8' -- all on the same two neighboring strings, whichever they might be.

Regarding complete and correct tabs for "The Twilight is My Robe", good luck finding any. It's the first Opeth song I ever heard, still one of the most beautiful to my ears, and I've never found good tabs for it.

Dammnare, I highly recommend you get the programs Powertab, and Guitar Pro. Or just one of the two. These programs actually play the tab out for you so you can hear what it sounds like, and rhythm wont be an issue. :)

^Good explanation.

screw the tablature, just look at the notes. itll make everything easier and youll understand more about the sound of each note, rather than just the fingering for it

i also second getting guitar pro and power tab. power tab is free, and if you are sneaky enough guitar pro is free also. they contain both musical notation and tab, as well as the playback feature. hf

while on the subject of guitar pro/power tab, I've got a question: can you use these programs as a compositional tool? That is, can I write my own tabs and hear what they sound like before ever playing them on the guitar?

yep

guitar pro also features a wide variety of instruments you can add to the tracks, including percussion. i cant remember if you can actually note out a song, i think you can only tab it and it generates the notes for you (i cant remember sorry, im sure someone will know)

theres a whole bunch of other useful features in guitar pro, although power tab is effective too, not to mention free and alot less memory intensive

yep

guitar pro also features a wide variety of instruments you can add to the tracks, including percussion. i cant remember if you can actually note out a song, i think you can only tab it and it generates the notes for you (i cant remember sorry, im sure someone will know)

theres a whole bunch of other useful features in guitar pro, although power tab is effective too, not to mention free and alot less memory intensive

I got it now!!! You are sponsored by GuitarPro to come here and advertize it ... right?
or you are just obsessed with it.

its also a ram drain, and is prone to alot of fuck ups. plus mine is in french and i dont understand any french.

considering this is a music forum i would have thought that guitar pro would be brought up at least occassionally. also since this particular thread is about tablature, i would say that there is an even higher chance of someone mentioning a note and tab program. i was trying to help crepuscularia because i like him, if that makes me an advert for guitar pro then whatever.

Yeah, it is prone to crash and has a lot of stability issues, but still I do all my writings / tabbings etc. on Guitar Pro. To me, it's an unbelievably useful program. I don't know why you call it a RAM hog, GP5 eats only about 50-60 MB of system RAM (with a huge Opeth song opened). Firefox with only two tabs eats ~100MB so it's no big deal.

i have 2gigs of ram and sometimes i notice gp5 using 30-40% of system resources. power tab is like a 5meg dl for 15kb files. wondrous.

Hello I downloaded power tab and trying to use it but I dunno how to play a powertab I downloaded.Thanks for helpings and suggestions !

Just a tip... If you want to open/edit Guitar Pro files but can't/don't want to pay or your operating system isn't supported, there's an open source application called TuxGuitar. It also exports to text, and opens Power Tab files but can't edit or save them, I believe. Of course being an open source application it's probably not as stable and the Windows version possibly less so, because not as many Windows users use open source apps.

I downloaded the power tab but only ran the setup even though there were two other executables here...are they required...

And one more question when I play a tab ( yes I managed it ) the MIDI bar vanishes and all the other toolbars vanish only the tab stays and then I cant quit without Ctrl+Alt+Delete.Any1 can help me ? Thanks