Lamentations DVD - The Leper Affinity

It's this lead thing Mike plays at the end. I thought it was an overdub too, if you would want to do that with a delay, you have to be really precise with the tempo right???? It's fairly easy to check on some bootleg of an another show right? So, heck it. I don't have bootlegs...

It's a called delay folks. A common effect used by guitarists. This part you are talking about is set for a pretty long delay to fit that whole riff in there while holding the last note as it repeats. As far as being precise with the tempo, that's what tap tempo delay is for. It really is the shit. Setting up whole note delay with a really slow tempo would get you the right amount of time. Mike's guitar tech probably sets the tempo during the song, or Mike might have it preset and tap it out with his foot while playing. Definetly not an overdub.

If you think it is an overdub, than you are obviously a "HUGE" fuckup.

I didn't even think it was delay.
If you're talking about the melody trade off at the end of the song, I think Peter stops playing rythym and he and Mikael go at it, and then when Mikeal does the last melody, Peter finishes with that rythym flourish. *shrugs*
I haven't watched it in a while, but that's what I thought happened.

I currently only have the rips. Still waiting on my copy from the THE END records.

I'm not gay.

My theory makes alot more sense than yours about the overdub.

If you'd like, I can record and post an example of this kind of delay.

I wish I had that llink for the attention whore picture...

There are no overdubs on the dvd.
I've watched it many times and all the music is coming from onstage, nothing is fixed up in the studio.

ggggggu, the only thing gay around here is you and your insistance that you are right and the rest of us are dopes because we don't agree with you.

My first guess was that it was an echo, but this 'delay' thing sounds like the best theory and opeth aren't the sort of band that do overdubs on a live show! And ggggggu, ur the only faggot on this forum so shut the fuck up

The thing is that they're also changing channels with the melody. I've noticed that throughout the whole song, Mikael is on the right and Peter is on the left... if the delay was really the case, then the editor of the DVD would have broken the norm and put the 'delayed' part on Peter's channel, also making it sound like Peter is playing nothing, because on that riff I hear absolutely no rhythm guitar.

I still think it's just Peter and Mike trading off.

I have yet to see the DVD, however based on reading everyone's comments, being a musician myself, and having some fuckin' common sense, I think it's very clear gggguu is a fuckin' fool... and not only in this thread. Why has he not been mass ignored?

Mournful