The Leper Affinity?

Anza

May 14, 2006
Im a newb at understanding or analysing poetry stuff. And The Leper Affinity is the first Opeth song I heard and one of my favorites so I was wondering what is it really about? :)

Thanks in Advance, Anza ^^

lol @ bang getting banned

Actually, I have no idea what it's about and I don't really care. I don't pay much attention to lyrics in songs. The music kicks ass though. Great song for sure. I remember Mike saying in an interview that BWP was about his disgust with humanity. I dunno if he was referring to just the song or the whole album.

Yeah, he should have to figure it out himself. Since lyrics are SOOOO IMPORTANT to good music....

Lyrics can be important, or they can be entirely unimportant. Usually the latter with metal. Regardless, if you care enough about them to want to know what they mean, putting in a few minutes of brain power to find what it means to you is always better than using someone elses understanding. Especially on an album like BWP, where the songs have only a loose meaning (generally).

Ken Lyall said:
Another new member of this forum, and the first thing they get is told to fuck off!!
come on Mr Sloth, a bit of decorum please.
maybe he doesnt need to be told to fuck off, but the very annoying thing is people complain about not having the search function, then when they should use it, noone fuckin does!

Anza said:
Im a newb at understanding or analysing poetry stuff. And The Leper Affinity is the first Opeth song I heard and one of my favorites so I was wondering what is it really about? :)

Thanks in Advance, Anza ^^
well i'll tell u wat da song means as i got it,,
da leper is a disease da come to da person & let the skin falls soo wen any micropes in air or like dat it kills da person :headbang:
& i want u plz to listen to da song again & read da lyrics while listining u'll find dat every guitar rythem & every drum explains how much da patient is suffering ;)