Deliverance, Leper Affinity, Bleak

musicnerd

Oct 19, 2004
What are the following songs about....Deliverance, Leper Affinity, and Bleak? Any ideas? Thanks.

Yeah infact mr. Åkerfeldt is a serial killer, and Deliverance is a tribute to his own "True" line of work. Bleak isn´t about anything, The Leper Affinity is about exploiting other ppl as I read it.

Bleak sounds as if a loved one has betrayed him and is lying to him
"Breath comes out white clouds with your lies"
And then he gets annoyed so he kills her
"Cold fingers mark this dying wreck
This moment is mine"

musicnerd said:
What are the following songs about....Deliverance, Leper Affinity, and Bleak? Any ideas? Thanks.

on an interview that i saw a long time ago, Mikael said that Deliverance was about one of his friend who has some paranoids feelings, so he wrote about that and spice it up a little bit, to get a more interesting lyrics.

as far as The Leper Affinity i don't really know... i've only heard that the idea behind Blackwater Park was Mikael's feeling about nowdays society/people... so i think that the same goes to Bleak.

"night falls again... taking what's left on me..." great piece of art.

:headbang:

Luz said:
Hope "The Almighty" clarify our doubts... Where the hell are you Åkerfeldt?

\m/

Luz.-

what's up nice lady

ACA DOS LATINOS ESPERANDO A QUE ALGUNO DE LOS MARTINES ESCRIBAN EN ESTE FORO

i agree... where are you Mikael...?? :wave:

btw, mikael, i was one of the most dissapointed about Opeth's failured visit to Chile... but i'm still looking forward to it!

Hahahaha! I'm fine.
You too???!! What a sad coincidence. I was there when the seller of the place said that the band didn't show up because: "They were tired" Fucking cunt...
Whatever...next time we should be meet there.
Vai-Vai pal...take care.
\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Dseven said:
what's up nice lady

ACA DOS LATINOS ESPERANDO A QUE ALGUNO DE LOS MARTINES ESCRIBAN EN ESTE FORO

i agree... where are you Mikael...?? :wave:

btw, mikael, i was one of the most dissapointed about Opeth's failured visit to Chile... but i'm still looking forward to it!

Luz said:
Hahahaha! I'm fine.
You too???!! What a sad coincidence. I was there when the seller of the place said that the band didn't show up because: "They were tired" Fucking cunt...
Whatever...next time we should be meet there.
Vai-Vai pal...take care.

Luz.-

yeahp, that's for sure... ;)

i even entered the local, i spoke with the sound engineer and the first "version" from those assholes was that Opeth's flight was delayed due weather problems in Argentina... and i mean... that day was clear as hell... :err:

but i'm still waiting!

First of all, they didn't take a flight to arrive in Argentina, that's crap.
Mendez sent a letter telling the causes of what they didn't show up...If you want, I'll send it to you. I was cooperating (well, I still do) with a webzine here in my province, so I have that information.
And well... that days, in my province it was snowing... I couldn't fucking believe it!! It was spring for fuck's sake!!!
Take care....

Luz.-

Dseven said:
yeahp, that's for sure... ;)

i even entered the local, i spoke with the sound engineer and the first "version" from those assholes was that Opeth's flight was delayed due weather problems in Argentina... and i mean... that day was clear as hell... :err:

but i'm still waiting!