Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
'Heavy' Set:

10) Master’s Apprentices
11) The Drapery Falls
12) Deliverance
13) The Leper Affinity
14) A Fair Judgement

is this the heavy set for sure? If so, that's a little disappointing. Most of those songs are already available on the internet and there is not enough variation in opeth's sound (master's / deliverance / leper affinity) compared to advent / demon of the fall / bleak or something like that.
I will say though, when I saw opeth live on the deliverance tour A fair judgement was one of their better songs.

Does anyone else agree that the heavy set wasn't well chosen?

Well yea.. but im sure by know you have read all the other threads about the same thing. They cant play songs before BWP because Music For Nations is label they used for their last 3 albums, and they are the ones financing the DVD. They want THEIR music on the DVD, not Peacevilles or Candlelights.

Yeah...there have been heaps of threads about this. Basically everyone's disappointed but understands that they can't put those old songs on. It's still great that we get a DVD with 2 sets and a 65 min documentary.

I just ordered the Lamentations DVD from play.com, and I must that after reading this thread I am ready to cancel the order, since this means that I will get none of my favorite OPETH music on the DVD!
I have made my own VCD of the Inferno Festival performance, which I attended, so perhaps I should just keep the order.

Demon was played at the gig as an encore.
I agree that the heavy set is very dissapointing. especially after reading things about them playing April Ethereal and Face of Melinda and rehersing The Moor. I Think Opeth will have to do better than this i'm afraid.