Amusing/Inspiring Moments In The LAMENTATIONS DVD

I've been falling asleep to the DVD lately. Then I wake up in the middle of the night to turn off the PS2 and hear the looping of "Hope Leaves" on the title menu.

$profit$ said:
I like the documentary at the end where Mikael is recording some evil death growls (for the Deliverence track if I remember). After each "Rooowwwrrr!" he looks through the glass (at S Wilson I guess) grinning as if "Hey! Pretty good? yeah?" And then another "Rooowwwrrr!" and then another grin back at the studio... It just seemed really funny to me.

I also noticed that, it was hilarious :D

$profit$ said:
I like the documentary at the end where Mikael is recording some evil death growls (for the Deliverence track if I remember). After each "Rooowwwrrr!" he looks through the glass (at S Wilson I guess) grinning as if "Hey! Pretty good? yeah?" And then another "Rooowwwrrr!" and then another grin back at the studio... It just seemed really funny to me.

You might've noticed that Peter was mainly around in the growling recording parts. He looked to me like he was looking at the camera, but not that it matters...
But about the recording for those parts, I really cracked when the camera backed off from Mikael, showed both Mikael & Peter and then Mikael started goofing around in the booth.

I'll throw in another funny moment

When Mikael is recording the Hope Leaves Part and he plays it all perfect but one part and then he just stops and says "I wanna play everything again, Im unfocused."

Just found that funny....

Moonlapse said:
'The album's called Deliverance....'
'... andd??'
'... Dahhhhmnation...'
'Deliverance and Damnation' *knock knock*
*sly remark from Peter* 'damn ur good'
*cam pans to Peter; Peter looks away*

A few nights after watching this for the first time I suffered from the biggest hangover in my life... me and 2 friends were laughing at that one scene for 8 hours, throughout the morning hours of the day whilst our memories were slowly creeping back.
yeaa.. that is like the funniest part. I always rewind back and watch it again.

$profit$ said:

YES that's fuckin awesome. though, now when I listen to the album...that's all I can picture in my mind while the death vocals are going. Mike..bobbing his head back and forth grinning....kind of took the "brootality" out of it a bit.

its cool to see them having fun, even if the recording process had become as stressful as it was during the time. the DVD is sweet.

ahaha

Mikael's comments about playing drums?

I can't remember exactly but he says like...

*with crying face* Recording drums.. is like back in school.. like doing maths.. etc.

hahahah it still makes me laugh.. if you guys know which part im talking about , please write it down here , i can't remember it all :p

why hasn't anyone mentioned that passage before they roll into The Drapery Falls...when Mikael says something like 'Right, now we're going to play another heavy number...well, actually its a bit of a poof song'.

Another thing, every time I listen to Hope leaves, on CD or DVD...I find myself screaming like that little bitch from the DVD...just as Mikael starts the first verse.

And lets face it. Lopez is just funny...like some possessed satan clown drummer.

Yeah, I think my favorite is:

Mikael: "Not too heavy for you, I take it?"
Audience: "NOOOOOOO!!!"
M: "So, are you ready to turn this place into some fucking, uh... I don't know... Into Hell?"
Acclaim from audience.
M: "Well, the next song we've got for you is actually kind of a poof song... At least in the beginning... but I still think it's a good track."

LOL

Mikael's awesome. And I Love watching Mendez play bass in this concert, he goes crazy in the heavy parts with his headbanging. Lopez was teh pwnz, too.

Mantraschism said:
Yeah, I think my favorite is:

Mikael: "Not too heavy for you, I take it?"
Audience: "NOOOOOOO!!!"
M: "So, are you ready to turn this place into some fucking, uh... I don't know... Into Hell?"
Acclaim from audience.
M: "Well, the next song we've got for you is actually kind of a poof song... At least in the beginning... but I still think it's a good track."

LOL

Mikael's awesome. And I Love watching Mendez play bass in this concert, he goes crazy in the heavy parts with his headbanging. Lopez was teh pwnz, too.

that part , mentioned before, when he's introducing To Rid the Disease and says something about it being evil and that just because it's mellow doesn't meant it can't be evil right? and that dude growls "NO IT DOESN'T"

MUAHAHAHHA. that is hilarious.