Lamentations

dude when mike said... lets take this place into... i dunno... into hell!

he was joking. we were laughing with him.

well its a good DVD....mike does feck up teh guitars at a few spots....!!!.......Drapery falls lead adn I think durign Closure or something.........eietrh way...good stuff...reminds me Ive to see it again..hahaha....!!!............Keep rockin...!!!....PEAC EOUT

BANNEDadrian said:
well, i suppose a fan-based opeth forum isn't the best place to get balanced, thoughtful opinions on the band

agreed, the majority of ppl (it seems) worship the ground opeth walk on. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with that. If you want someone to worship power too you. But yes, Mikael doesn't have the greatest english and yes his jokes are quite lame, but he does have a unique presence up there. He doesn't have scripted dialogue that leads into songs (ie. Devin Townsend) but he does try, and you got to give him some credit b/c no one else in the band says anything at all, so atleast hes making an effort!

brownden said:
i really enjoyed how well the concert footage was shot. it was almost perfect actually. the documentary was very interesting and pretty funny too. it's probably the best band dvd i've seen.

Then buy Evergrey's A night to remember DVD and that'll change your mind:oops:

AFairJudgement0 said:
agreed, the majority of ppl (it seems) worship the ground opeth walk on. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with that. If you want someone to worship power too you. But yes, Mikael doesn't have the greatest english and yes his jokes are quite lame, but he does have a unique presence up there. He doesn't have scripted dialogue that leads into songs (ie. Devin Townsend) but he does try, and you got to give him some credit b/c no one else in the band says anything at all, so atleast hes making an effort!

With Opeth, the music speaks for itself. No need for prescripted dialogue. :)

AFairJudgement0 said:

i dont think his jokes are lame lol, i think he's genuinely really funny..

nah the lamentations gig on the dvd is pretty subdued compared to what he's normally like on stage.. i dont think he talks much other than saying: 'Were going to continue now with...' or 'Thankyou, thank you very much'

^^ ya.. he probably had some corporate junkies keeping him in line... not that hes ever over the top or anything, but still it would have been great to have a natural mike instead of what he was like on lamentations

I think he was nervous too though so maybe that played a part in his behavior during the filming as well. I know it would affect mine.

Yeah, you can actually notice how nervous he really is in some points. He keeps watching his fingers on fretboard to make sure he's not going to fuck up.

"Hopefully we don't make too many fuck-ups tonight."

Do they? I've been watching the DVD lately. The only one I noticed was in Drapery. Towards the beginning.

(P.S Sorry for dredging up an old thread, didn't want to start a new one.)

The only one I noticed was in Drapery. Towards the beginning.

Where is the fuck up? Only thing I notice is that he changes/adds a note(which sounds perfectly in line with the song).

The beginning of the solo going into the soft part in Masters Apprentice is the only one I noticed.

Where is the fuck up? Only thing I notice is that he changes/adds a note(which sounds perfectly in line with the song).

The beginning of the solo going into the soft part in Masters Apprentice is the only one I noticed.

The changed note in Drapery sounds like a fuck up to me. And I think that solo in MA doesn't sound right because in the recording it's a feedback solo of some sorts?