Lamentations

biggsy

New Metal Member
Sep 18, 2005
Bendigo, Australia
www.myspace.com
The greatest DVD ever! Thought I might just make a thread where everyone can post their thoughts on some of the stuff on Lamentations. To get the ball rolling I have a question: Why is the solo that Steve Wilson plays to Master's Apprentices in the doco NOT in the recorded version? It kicks arse! Also, just a comment, but how funny is Mikael's face when he says "the first original song I wrote was called I Hate Hip Hop!" Haha that man makes me laugh:Spin:

i really enjoyed how well the concert footage was shot. it was almost perfect actually. the documentary was very interesting and pretty funny too. it's probably the best band dvd i've seen.

daz436 said:
its Tighter than a witch's cleft

I think thats my favorite line in the whole DVD. Haha.!!!

Anyways, I had gained a sense of profound respect for Opeth just through their music. Then, once I got Lamentations and saw the personalities that accompany such a band, I was forever hooked. Those are some of the coolest and most genuine dudes ever. All hail Opeth!! :worship:

i'm going to buy it soon. it looks like mostly melodic/slow stuff (besides two or three of the songs)

it'd be cool if they released another one with more live material and some of the heavier songs IMO.

harvest live = awesome

Is it me or does it seem like a little joke steve wilson and mike set up for the camera. Cuz mike sort gives it away by sniggering like a school girl in the background and glancing at the camera. I thought it was a wonderful metaphor haha.

Sean Casey said:
i'm going to buy it soon. it looks like mostly melodic/slow stuff (besides two or three of the songs)

it'd be cool if they released another one with more live material and some of the heavier songs IMO.

harvest live = awesome

Actually, if do don't already know, they do a whole second set which consists of heavier tunes such as Masters Apprentices (Awesome!!), The Drapery Falls, Deliverance, The Leper Affinity, and a Fair Judgement. :)

I don't understand why people complain about Lamentations containing mostly 'soft' material. It has almost the same amount of heavy songs as an ordinary Opeth set.

It would have been nice if they could have played some older stuff though.

FuneralPortrait said:
I don't understand why people complain about Lamentations containing mostly 'soft' material. It has almost the same amount of heavy songs as an ordinary Opeth set.

Yeah, it's like what the fuck. If they're doing a DVD to promote Damnation, chances are it's going to consist of Damnation tunes. Who cares if they are mellow, those songs kick ass and if you don't like it, don't buy it or don't bitch.

FuneralPortrait said:

I'm not complaining, I heart Damnation

but more heavier stuff would be good too.

^i have :D

i think it was done on purpose just trying to be funny in front of the camera... i mean no one would do that knowing there's a camera filming you, unless you want to be funny :oops:

I love the part where Mike is playing that one solo (i think, not sure if my memory is correct) and he gets to the pitch harmonic and Peter does it for him. THey just can't stop laughing and they do it over and over.

Oh yeah, "Eevile Crueltty" or something on those lines. Haha

That is one awexome DVD I tell you what.

One helluva DVD, I enjoyed every tiny bit of it!
I'm glad Damnation was played in its whole, I totally dig that Floydish psychedelic atmosphere and Mikael's clean vox and superb guitar playing totally shine... :worship:

Is the documentary really good? Cause I got it in some side alley shop in Spain, and I dunno if its a dodgy disk or the NTSC format but the documentary dont work! :( I was looking forward to it aswell. Its a great DVD tho, their playing is practically immaculate live, and they have gathered WAY more stage prescence over the years.

I's one of the best music-DVD I've ever watched (and bought). The lights are perfect, the camera observations and I like the editing very much, but the only thing that's bugging me is subtitles for the concert. Is this also featured on the PAL version? cos' I got the NTSC version...