Opeth - Lamentations DVD problems

Birkenau

New Metal Member
Aug 11, 2004
Australia
Ok, a few months ago I upgraded my home theater with a new DVD player and 5.1 surround sound system, and today I went to play my Lamentations dvd, the dvd worked, but the menu was all zoomed in and I couldn't choose anything or move around the menu (and was unable to access to any video).

Anyone have any similar problems? It works fine with my Xbox, just not this DVD player.

Dude I have the same problem at home. I can play it on my big screen tv, but not on my 36" tv... I'm not sure why, but everything is off-center and I can't even choose concert song selection.

This is weird, Mine works but there is no highlighter on the menu and you have to guess what you are selecting

never had a issue. I use my Sony Dream system on a 60" Might have to do with the settings on you DVD system or maybe the TV. I don't know too much about it, but my TV automatically adjusts to different settings. Might be something you wat to look at. Sorry, I can't provide more info.

yar. i wish you couldve been in on a discussion i had with Moonie recently. i found my 5.1 system to be a joke. music sounds like shit on a 5.1. (mine is a Kenwood 600 watt amp, so i dont think its a quality issue). to make a long story short, i eventually put my 5.1 speakers away and went and got myself 2 3-way sony 120 watt speakers. now everything is in basic stereo and sounds awesome. hope you dont have any issues with your 5.1 - Moonie and I just arrived at the conclusion that it's a gimmick. good luck with it.

oh, the topic at hand: well, it's probably your dvd player. play around with the settings. and some tvs are complicated enough that you can fiddle around with fullscreen/widescreen sources. just reset it, its obviously your hardware and not the dvd. most likely the dvd player settings....

I have the exact same problem, but the solution is: To select something just press the number on your remote.. for instance, play koncert is the fourth option on the screen (as far as i remember) so you press "4". To select a song press "5". I can't figure why the hell the dvd acts like this?

dorian gray said:
yar. i wish you couldve been in on a discussion i had with Moonie recently. i found my 5.1 system to be a joke. music sounds like shit on a 5.1. (mine is a Kenwood 600 watt amp, so i dont think its a quality issue). to make a long story short, i eventually put my 5.1 speakers away and went and got myself 2 3-way sony 120 watt speakers. now everything is in basic stereo and sounds awesome. hope you dont have any issues with your 5.1 - Moonie and I just arrived at the conclusion that it's a gimmick. good luck with it.

oh, the topic at hand: well, it's probably your dvd player. play around with the settings. and some tvs are complicated enough that you can fiddle around with fullscreen/widescreen sources. just reset it, its obviously your hardware and not the dvd. most likely the dvd player settings....

Haven't had any issues with mine. I've had it since last Christmas and it's been great. My friend knows a ton more than me. He gets into all that stuff. I agree with you that it's the DVD or TV settings. My TV has settings, the DVD has it's own, even my cable box has widescreen and regular settings.

drowssap said:
Haven't had any issues with mine. I've had it since last Christmas and it's been great. My friend knows a ton more than me. He gets into all that stuff. I agree with you that it's the DVD or TV settings. My TV has settings, the DVD has it's own, even my cable box has widescreen and regular settings.
meh, nowadays everything has their own damn settings. its annoying. i remember just hooking up the VCR to the tv and watching stuff. no need for a remote even. hey, do you remember *renting* a VCR? ahhh, those were the days.

re: 5.1. i just always had problems getting it to sound "good" for music. i have friends who say the same thing. i guess it's all subjective. ill just say that, since ive gone back to big-ass stereo speakers, ive enjoyed the music much much more and will never go back to rinky-dink 5.1.

yea wat the hell is up with the dvd?

im guessing the cheaper more generic dvd players are the ones with the problems (such as mine)

DAMN YOU MIKE!!

dorian gray said:
do you remember *renting* a VCR? ahhh, those were the days.

I know you quoted how "old" I was and I'm going to prove it. I had cable TV with a WIRED remote that used a ordinary phone cable. I also had a VCR with a wire remote.