Thoughts on Lamentations

LordMorgoth

Lord of Utumno
Apr 15, 2004
what did you think about the opeth dvd lamentations.

I thought the concert was lacking in heavy songs but the ones they played were amazing. The documentary was perfect and I couldn't have asked for more.

also did any of you get any weird problems with the menu?

No problems with anything. I didnt enjoy it much, because honestly the only tracks that I realy like that they played were Closure and Leper Affinity.
The doco was nice though.

yes, i have some wierd problems with the menu. when i first cued it up, i was like, "great, i got the broken one." not only does the cursor not line up right, the whole background seems off. that said, i really like it. i am sorely disappointed there arent more heavy songs on it but masters apprentices almost makes up for it. i bought it one week after seeing them in concert and was hoping for a rehash of some of the old tunes they played on tour. alas, those "old" tunes are licensed through a different label and werent allowed on the dvd, which is published by their current label, Koch. also, the damnation stuff is so boring to me. cant watch it very much. skip straight to the heavy stuff.
i could barely understand the martins during the doc due to their thick accents. i really like them though and i was wishing for more from them. its interesting to see two guys not much younger than me moving from uruguay to sweden. i could barely move from ohio to tennessee and those guys speak three languages........i admire them.

It's not the DVD again... you have to set something with your DVD player...

The documentary made me love Deliverance more and I had the chance to see Master's Apprentice live \m/

When I bought it the menu was screwed up. I couldn't select anything at all. Nothing was highlighted in the menu. I took it back 3 times and then I thought to change the screen format and it suddenly worked :/ Pain in the arse to say the least.

Other than that I think the DVD is great. More heavy songs would've been awesome but it is still good none-the-less.

Music for nations would not pay the old labels so they could not document any of their old songs on the DVD so :( i wanted to hear some older stuff aswell, i think it was good and fucking funny in some parts, its cool how u see people who u idolise to much and the wacth them on that DVD and find out that they actually are human, maybe its just me. but whats better then that is meeting them \m/ march 28 in melb!!!

Nuk3m said:
Music for nations would not pay the old labels so they could not document any of their old songs on the DVD so :( i wanted to hear some older stuff aswell, i think it was good and fucking funny in some parts, its cool how u see people who u idolise to much and the wacth them on that DVD and find out that they actually are human, maybe its just me. but whats better then that is meeting them \m/ march 28 in melb!!!
I know what you mean. When I first played the DVD I nearly jumped in my chair because I really enjoyed seeing them "real" on my own television set!

Like some of you already said I think there was a need of some older songs but I think that was a label problem and that the band would have had them otherwise.
Also the layer change I think was in the middle of Drapery was a tad annoying.
Great dvd though and same goes for the Dark Tranquility dvd.
Now all I need is new Blind Guardian dvd which is out soon.

It was very good. I have watched it through several times already, which is rare for me. I usually watch something once and put it on the shelf for a while before watching it again. I thought that the live concert part was good. Of course, it is nothing compared to the real thing, but if you are yearning to see Opeth live, then it is obviously easily accessible.

And, I especially liked the documentary. It kind of inspires me to play guitar more often, just to push myself to the limits with my guitar playing. It was very cool to see Mikael and Peter jam. I think that it perfectly conveyed what the band is about philosophically, too. It was no bullshit. All about the music.

It was interesting. I hope that they make another DVD in the near distant future.