Lamentations DVD - The Leper Affinity

opethmaniac

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
There's something i can't explain...
At the end of the track ,that is the last riff from 1 hour and 46 minutes,you can hear 3 guitars...the lead one of Mikael ,the rythmic one of Peter...and another one which sounds like an echo of the part that Mikael plays....
Could somebody explain it to me? Coz i'm pretty sure that a pedal can't do stuff like that...moreover,Mikael moves,so....
Maybe something was done in a studio,during the mastering or the mixing?

i don't think it was Per's stuff just coz he wasn't on stage for this track !!
and i think that they just added some stuff during the mastering or something ...even they haven't touched at some mistakes they played like the solo of Master Apprentieces..anyway...

opethmaniac said:
There's something i can't explain...
At the end of the track ,that is the last riff from 1 hour and 46 minutes,you can hear 3 guitars...the lead one of Mikael ,the rythmic one of Peter...and another one which sounds like an echo of the part that Mikael plays....
Could somebody explain it to me? Coz i'm pretty sure that a pedal can't do stuff like that...moreover,Mikael moves,so....
Maybe something was done in a studio,during the mastering or the mixing?

maybe it IS an echo of what Mike played? Why shouldn't that be possible?

its definitely from his effects.

I guess us guitar players have better knowledge on that, but you should have figured that out anyways.
After all the little mistakes, you think they would play to a track?

It wouldn't make sense to only dub that single part. That are plenty of other parts in that song that have 3 or more guitars overlayed on the studio recording, yet you only hear Mikael and Peter's parts. It's the GT-6 (be there something that pedal CANNOT do? lol).

Honestly, I don't think they did shit afterwards in the studio, apart from maybe equalizing the instruments and levelling the volume levels. It wouldn't make sense to overdub parts, yet leave alot of mistakes in there... quite obvious ones too on some parts.

Ahhhhh, you guys aren't talking about the melody at the end of the song when Mikael plays the riff, holds the last note, then Peter plays the riff and holds the last note, etc, etc?

Because I thought that was fairly obviously Mikael and Peter doing all of that.

Oh were they refferring to THAT? LOL. Yeah its pretty obvious that they're taking turns with that melody, making it sound more like what it does on the actual recording. There's nothing overdubbed there.