Advertisement on MTV2

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
We were told from The End that tonight (July 2nd) and next week (the 9th) a commercial will run during Headbangers Ball, advertising Pale Haunt along with Thine Eyes Bleed and Epoch of Unlight. It may be the closest thing we get to getting our video played on air, so check it out.

It ran on Fuse last week during Uranium, Metal Asylum and Slave to the Metal. Anyone see it?

Novembers Paul said:
We were told from The End that tonight (July 2nd) and next week (the 9th) a commercial will run during Headbangers Ball, advertising Pale Haunt along with Thine Eyes Bleed and Epoch of Unlight. It may be the closest thing we get to getting our video played on air, so check it out.

It ran on Fuse last week during Uranium, Metal Asylum and Slave to the Metal. Anyone see it?

nO! your A selout!

:p

I checked out the video on your site this past week and it DEFINITELY deserves to be aired on there! Great stuff. I've only recently gotten into your guys music (yes, yes kick me now!) and I must say, quite awesome man. Love the sound/style you guys have.

Hmm..I guess there is a good reason to watch the Ball...I'll check it out tonight and let you know (Providing I can stay awake..just got home from 2 week vacation)

Hey, any exposure is good exposure, isn't it?

MetalAges said:
I checked out the video on your site this past week and it DEFINITELY deserves to be aired on there! Great stuff. I've only recently gotten into your guys music (yes, yes kick me now!) and I must say, quite awesome man. Love the sound/style you guys have.

We can hook you up with swag for forum rent! :D

The video is by all means good enough to be aired. I don't understand why you don't get way more attention by the media overall. Definately after the last two ceedee's; it's certainly not underground or whatever the media might think of not to airplay this video. It sounds/looks way too professional!!!!

Even with legends like James Murphy and Dan Swano working on your stuff...I mean; there's no telling what you have to do to get a break.

I thought that a show like the Ball also had items on "new" or "unknown" bands that they aired. In Holland they did.

There's a lot to getting a video played on Headbangers Ball, and the metal shows on the Fuse network. They will only accept submissions from certain companies who specialize in video promotions. It is very costly to have your video picked up by one of these promotion companies, and will run the label up to $10,000 just for it to be shopped. Now, this is also NOT a guarantee it will be played. There's a lot of red tape and politics involved, not to mention very expensive. Most videos you see played are also from those labels who spend a fortune every week on commercial play as well. We'll be very happy with just a commercial spot being played for the exposure. If they actually play the video, i'd most likely have a grabber. Who knows, maybe we can have all you guys write someone and demand the video to air! haha!

Yup. Our video for Return Of The Werewolf has been 'in the can' since March. Dont expect to see it anywhere besides an Earache video comp, or the Usurper dvd.
Metal videos + big business = poop.

It seems to me that metal videos for underground artists like ourselves and Usurper are best served for the many local metal shows that run on public access stations on cable, and on the metal video shows overseas. One thing I think is also wise is when labels license out their music videos to labels such as Nuclear Blast for inclusion on their many compilation dvd series' such as "Monsters Of Metal" and "Beauty In Darkness"....I don't know about all the technicalities that come with getting on those comps but I can speak from experience that I have been turned onto many bands through watching those video comps over the years. In defense of Headbangers Ball, there's only two hours to feature videos, and there's literally hundreds of bands from all over the world competing to get exposure on there, and as previously stated, certain larger acts or more established record labels are obviously going to be chosen over the smaller acts such as ours, I understand how it works. It'd be pretty cool to see ourselves on that show someday, but honestly I'll be happy just knowing that people might see it on some cool local metal show or on a dvd someday or even just downloading it on the computer. Even if 25 people see it and are turned onto us from it, then it's done it's job and I'm happy.

I bet the competition is fierce!
It is a shame because back when I was in Jr High, I got turned onto so many bands I love today from the original Headbanger's Ball. I got exposed to VoiVod, Kreator, Nuclear Assault, Helloween, etc all from the Ball.

It is a crying shame that the Ball is full of bands who would be playing straight up hardcore if it was 10 years ago.

OK, so here's the deal on the commercial... Id did in fact run on MTV2 laste Saturday, only during the hour AFTER headbangers ball. They said they will make it up this week, so I assume it will be played during thr program. if not, tape the wild boyz re-runs after just in case. lol