Advertisement on MTV2

Jasonic said:
I bet the competition is fierce!
It is a shame because back when I was in Jr High, I got turned onto so many bands I love today from the original Headbanger's Ball. I got exposed to VoiVod, Kreator, Nuclear Assault, Helloween, etc all from the Ball.

It is a crying shame that the Ball is full of bands who would be playing straight up hardcore if it was 10 years ago.

Well its all relative anyhow, since they showed a great many videos back then that many didn't feel constituted being "metal" either....first there were all the poppish hair metal bands (i.e. Firehouse, Trixter, etc.) and then later they were playing Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc....To me, "Headbangers Ball" has always really been more about featuring bands that are "heavy" in general while not necessarily being very "metal". I know many disagree with this but that's just how I see it. I know alot of people complain about the format they have now but seriously, at least a majority of the music they play on there is still fairly heavy in its own right, even if it's more hardcore than metal per se. I mean, hell, this stuff is much heavier and more aggressive than seeing the newest Slaughter ballad or "Jeremy" by fucking Pearl Jam for the umpteenth time, like in the old days. So my point is, even if it were ten years ago, I think I'd have rather seen a bunch of Hatebreed type bands on the Ball than 80% of the crap they aired back then! But that's just me :cool:

Its not even close to being the same Ball.
I really dislike that nu-emo-screamo-core shit, so I dont watch.
I remember seeing the video for Overkill's 'In Union We Stand' on the old HBB... now THAT was a fucking SHOW!!!!!!!
If you have one of those satellite or cable packages that features 7868346832 channels, you might have VH1Classic on there somewhere. On the weekends that have a show called Metal Mania where they show bad hair bands, mixed with stuff like Maiden, Saxon, Grim Reaper, and Autograph.
Its really funny.
You cant look at the singer from Grim Reaper without laughing. Its physically impossible. The pudgie face, the midget legs, the spandex, the mullet, and especially the gap in between his front teeth.
The poor bastard makes me and Paul look like those Nelson Twins.
:headbang:

I downloaded your CD but forgot to listen to it and I don't have it now, but you guys played like Doom metal didn't you? I really want to see your movie after reading this thread. I'll see if I can get my hands on your CD again too!

Usurper Dan said:
Its not even close to being the same Ball.
I really dislike that nu-emo-screamo-core shit, so I dont watch.
I remember seeing the video for Overkill's 'In Union We Stand' on the old HBB... now THAT was a fucking SHOW!!!!!!!
If you have one of those satellite or cable packages that features 7868346832 channels, you might have VH1Classic on there somewhere. On the weekends that have a show called Metal Mania where they show bad hair bands, mixed with stuff like Maiden, Saxon, Grim Reaper, and Autograph.
Its really funny.
You cant look at the singer from Grim Reaper without laughing. Its physically impossible. The pudgie face, the midget legs, the spandex, the mullet, and especially the gap in between his front teeth.
The poor bastard makes me and Paul look like those Nelson Twins.
:headbang:

Dude Metal Mania owns my ass. That show rocks. Grim Reaper videos are the best videos ever made period. All hail the mighty Grim Reaper!! :headbang:

Alright, well it did air tonight, once I saw during the first hour and a second time towards the end of the second hour of Headbangers Ball. I also saw it again later during WildBoyz reruns, lol. A short but nice looking commercial, that features Thine Eyes Bleed, us, Epoch of Unlight, and Crisis.

From what Paul said, he wasn't able to see it because he has satellite, and I guess it was only airing on cable *shrug* That sucks but at least it got shown at all.

I saw it this past weekend on the Ball.
Luckily, I saw it during the 10 minutes I watched the show.
Looks like a cool video. If my PC wasn't as slow as molasis in January, I might download it!!! Hahaha!!!

I am telling you. Do one video wearing Corpse Paint, and start it out yelling "JUMP DA PHUCK UP!" and it will be a hit.

In all seriousness, I could easily see DARK WORLD BURDEN being a single that would get air time.

I seen the commercial a couple times, and it's awesome, if only they would play the fuckin video now, which I finally seen on your site since I have fast connection now. It's also a shame about the Uslurper video too because its damn good and it should be aired!

METAL MANIA RULES! caught an awesome Hurricane video the other day! haha!