Advice on secondary home theater....

Are you talking about the CS-500 system?

If you could grab up one of those for that kind of price, that is an excellent deal. Those things actually retailed for $1,000 brand-new when they first came out!

I've actually listened to one of those things myself (as well as the more expensive CS-700). They completely blow away the similar Bose 3-2-1 setup, yet are nearly the same size (maybe slightly larger).

That looks like it. I called today and they said that price was for the floor model and that the remote was probably gone. I still may go pick it up tomorrow as today did not work out.

The system in your link shows a 6.5" sub but I am sure the specs on the one I was looking at has a 8" sub.

That looks like it. I called today and they said that price was for the floor model and that the remote was probably gone. I still may go pick it up tomorrow as today did not work out.

The system in your link shows a 6.5" sub but I am sure the specs on the one I was looking at has a 8" sub.

If the system that you are looking at has the 8" sub, than that is probably the CS-700 set. That would be an even sweeter deal, as that ran for nearly $1,300 brand-new at full retail price (and believe me, I've done a side-by-side comparison to the Bose 3-2-1 setup, and the Klipsch easily pounded the Bose setup into the ground).

If the floor model at Best Buy is indeed missing the remote - go and call Klipsch customer support (1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)) and ask them what a replacement remote would go for. If it is not something ridiculous, and the unit at Best Buy is in decent condition as well as actually works, this may still be worth grabbing up. Also, if you have something like a Logitech Harmony One universal remote, you may be able to just download the control codes for the remote.

If the system that you are looking at has the 8" sub, than that is probably the CS-700 set. That would be an even sweeter deal, as that ran for nearly $1,300 brand-new at full retail price (and believe me, I've done a side-by-side comparison to the Bose 3-2-1 setup, and the Klipsch easily pounded the Bose setup into the ground).

If the floor model at Best Buy is indeed missing the remote - go and call Klipsch customer support (1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)) and ask them what a replacement remote would go for. If it is not something ridiculous, and the unit at Best Buy is in decent condition as well as actually works, this may still be worth grabbing up. Also, if you have something like a Logitech Harmony One universal remote, you may be able to just download the control codes for the remote.

They are giving me the run around on this. I went to the store to buy the floor model after being told on the phone that the 319.00 price was for the floor model. It does work as it is hooked up to one of the tv's in the video game section running a 360 with Madden on it. It sound great. Well, the dude at the store told me that the price was for a new in box system and they don't sell the floor models. Even better right? NO. They don't have any new ones thus the clearance price. And they still would not sell me the floor model. I am going back tomorrow and getting a MGR involved. I just didn't have the patience today.

Glen,

I would be curious to know what your rockin in your main home theater.