Advice on Tascam US-1800

XNightrage87X

New Metal Member
Apr 8, 2011
Temecula
Hey guys, so at the moment I'm only working with an M-Box 2 as my audio interface. I'm looking to replace that, but unfortunately am under a tight budget at the moment. I came across the Tascam US-1800 and felt that it seemed pretty reasonable for the price, plus it comes with the LE version of Cubase 5. I currently do not have any version of Cubase and was also interested in giving it a try. Does anyone have any feedback on this interface? Or past experiences maybe? Any info would be of great help. Thanks again guys!

Link to the product below:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/TASCAM-US-1800-USB-2-0-Audio-Midi-Interface-106506520-i1562924.gc

I had the Tascam US-1641, it was an unreliable piece of shit.

They brought out drivers every decade, tech support were useless and wouldn't take it back (the latency would suddenly switch from none to half a second's worth for no reason frequently).

Pre-amps were also horrible,

I'd HIGHLY recommend staying away from Tascam's entry level stuff and buying something better second hand

I have had the opposite with the 1641, mine has been quite reliable. Tracked a band live (no vox) with it, no issues. Tracking just drums or just vox has not been an issue for me. Yes the preamps could be better, but when you're buying a prosumer unit in that price range, you get what you get.

That being said, Focusrite just came out with 2 new USB interfaces that you might want to check out, they should be right around the price range of the 1800.