Thinking of buying a Tascam US-2000

XnaySaturo

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal, Canada
After about a year with my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra, I've decided to switch to something else. I really like this interface, but the lack of sleep/hibernate support has become a problem for me.

I've been checking out the Tascam US-2000, there doesn't seem to have any huge issues with it, but I was surprised at the lack of stuff available online. I guess it's pretty new or something. Does anyone have any experiences with it? Or any recommendations for USB interfaces in the sub-500$ range?

Also, any buyers for that Fast Track? :p

Yeah I actually read that before posting. It's hard to know though, because my previous purchases (Presonus Audiobox and the M Audio) turned out to be a letdown after a couple of months. It's hard to see all the faults in a product after like... a day's use.

yeah man.

How many inputs do you need?

You'd have a better choice if you had Firewire. The Focusrite Saffire pro 24 or 40 would be perfect.

I think MOTU does a usb version of one of there mid price units. MOTU are generally great.

I've got the 1641 and it's not bad. Latency isn't an issue for me, I tracked my band live (no vocals) and didn't have a single hiccup on an older Core 2 Duo with only 1GB RAM.

Preamps are definitely the weakest point on the 1641, but the 2000's pres are supposedly much better. For general messing around and small projects, I really can't complain.

Yeah, sadly Firewire is out.

I don't really need a lot of inputs. I only really use two, but I like having 4 for flexibility.

Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming =D