"Against the Seasons" is out of print...again.

ShadarLogoth said:
"sceneXcore", "deathXcore", "hardcore", or whatever, its all the same thing referring to the trendy style of playing either emo crap mixed with open breakdowns, or brutal death, mixed with dumbass open breakdowns, and having shaggy 70s hair, tight jeans, and usually "sleeve" tattoos covering the whole forearm usually including a coy fish. Another important thing to remember is this new "hardcore" has little or nothing to do with hardcore of the 80's, like black flag, gang green, or minor threat.

The other uniting factor is a funny way of dancing called 2 step, that everytime one of these "breakdowns" happens, everybody stops 2 stepping and starts practicing punching the air or spin kicking, an important part of this is not hitting each other, that is considered disrespect and may end up in a gang beat down by the other guys crew.

To see examples of this just go to youtube and type in hardcore dancing, two step, or even hardcore mosh, it should bring up many examples of the gayness that is corrupting the current metal scene.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that this current trend is as bad as, if not worse, than the former trend of "nu" metal that many people confused as real metal for years.

nice work!

CaGeD iN said:
i like some hardcore/metalcore but nu-metal was as bad as the britany spears craze.... well not as bad

I don't dislike all the bands, there are a few really brutal ones that i almost dig, like all shall perish, that are almost awesome, but ruin almost everysong with a mid paced open note breakdown so the kids can "dance".
two other bands i dig that are kind of associated with this are god forbid, who to me sound more like mid ninetees melododeath mixed with thrash, and cannae, who especially on their newer cd sound almost like at the gates did in the slaughter the soul era.

to matt shrauben, thanks for the compliment.

-Hlidskjalf- said:
Something tells me they are this new sceneXcore death metal crap that's popping out everywhere now? Am I right?

Your right on par. They are the big myspace band which all the kiddies listen to to brag about how they like "extreme metal" when in reality, they are really listening to shit.