Woods of Ypres - "Against the Seasons" finally released!!!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
wOy.jpg

Woods of Ypres "Against the Seasons: Cold Winter Songs from the Dead Summer Heat" is finally out!!! New art & layout, remixed and remastered!

Listen to MP3s @ www.myspace.com/woodsofypres

Or download 2 tracks here:

"The Sea of Immeasurable Loss"
"A Meeting Place and Time"

Here's how to get your copy direct from us:

$15* CND to CANADA
$12* USD to the USA
$13* USD to the WORLD

*Flat rate! Shipping included.

Payment Accepted:
Well Hidden Cash, Cheques, Money Orders, sent to:

Krankenhaus Records
178 Front St. East, #202
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5A 1E6

OR…

Paypal Payment sent to: woodsofypres@hotmail.com

All orders are shipped on the same day they are received.
To labels, stores and distros: Discounts can be negotiated for bulk orders.

OR...

To Order from The End Records, click here: http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl?sc=2&category=2008&search=Woods%20of%20Ypres

Spread the word in your part of the world!!! Thanks as always!

David & the band. :)

Here's the new Review right from UM...

Woods of Ypres – "Against the Seasons: Cold Winter Songs from the Dead Summer Heat"
Krankenhaus Records – KHR004 – 2005
By Jason Jordan

113249938_m.jpg

There are general consensuses about every band. As far as Canada’s Woods of Ypres are concerned, there are mainly two. The first – and probably most controversial – is that Against the Seasons: Cold Winter Songs from the Dead Summer Heat is one of the best demos ever recorded. The second – which is also debatable – is that the above-mentioned thumps Pursuit of the Sun & Allure of the Earth on all counts. Whatever the case, since it doesn’t really matter in the scope of things, I’m going to tiptoe around the issue. Let me just say this: if you haven’t yet acquired Against the Seasons, now is the time to do so.

Those of you who missed out on the original version of this shouldn’t have to be convinced, but those of you who did in fact obtain a copy may be a harder sell. So, allow me to be the catalyst for reconsideration. While it’s cool that the first Woods of Ypres has returned to the printing press, it’s cooler that the latest incarnation of Against the Seasons: Cold Winter Songs from the Dead Summer Heat has been remixed and remastered, presents new artwork and a new layout, and is widely available courtesy of Krankenhaus Records and various distributors. The music is a thirty-minute entrée of black metal, with Ulver, Opeth, and Agalloch seasonings added for taste, and speaks of winter though the disc was written, rehearsed, performed, and recorded during the hot summer months of May, June, July, and August. There should be quotation marks somewhere in the previous sentence; feel free to add them at your leisure. But paradoxically, there’s nothing individually stunning about this portion of BM – perhaps everything simply fit into place and in turn combined to form a substantive record. The musical performances are deserving of modest accolades, both vocal styles (black and clean) add to the overall ambiance, and the five songs iterated here are all unusually strong. After sampling “The 45th Parallel” and the overly sad “A Meeting Place and Time,” it becomes clear that either approach Woods of Ypres decide to use (fierce versus acoustic-laden, subdued) works in the band’s favor.

Though I’m not going make a final judgment in regards to Against the Seasons: Cold Winter Songs from the Dead Summer Heat against Pursuit of the Sun & Allure of the Earth – I have opinions on this, trust me – I will say that there’s no excuse to not own the former by now, especially after surveying the many changes the recording has undergone.

Woods of Ypres are priority artists in my e-pinion.

9/10 - Jason Jordan

How many of these are left? A lot? I've ordered WAAAAAAAAY too much music lately and even though I should have had this at Equinox i'm gonna keep holding out a while longer if they're still going to be around

How many of these are left? A lot? I've ordered WAAAAAAAAY too much music lately and even though I should have had this at Equinox i'm gonna keep holding out a while longer if they're still going to be around
Well since you put it that way...there are not too many left, and once they have sold out, I can't say how soon it will be re-pressed again.

^ I've finally orderd mine :Spin: ...just sent you the money via PayPal

Is the 1st pressing of ATS still available somewhere?
The ones available now are really 'the 1st pressing'. Up until now, "ATS" had only been available on CDr, w/ 'demo' packaging (about 300 made and circulated) and that was the original audio, before being remixed and remastered for the re-release. The re-release is a way better product overall, x 10!

There are absoultely no 'demos' left and I will even say that there is a limited number of the re-release left right now.

David Gold said:
I will even say that there is a limited number of the re-release left right now.
I hope you will also say there's a bunch of them at the distributors', 'cause I have it on order at the record store. Yaiks! Heh.

The disc sounds great...I still have the CD-R demo still, but this version is much better. Looking forward to hearing the new stuff.