Agalloch - Not Unlike the Waves Video!

jesus christ. it's a VIDEO EDIT. ugh. i didn't think agalloch would be the kind of band to butcher their song for accessibility purposes

ok so the video is pretty cool but they literally removed MORE THAN HALF of the song, and the edits are pretty awkward. this does not fucking work on any level at all. boo.

WHY

Erik said:
jesus christ. it's a VIDEO EDIT. ugh. i didn't think agalloch would be the kind of band to butcher their song for accessibility purposes

Actually I personally fought and fought and fought and fought against having a short version and, in the end, I thought this version was exclusively for TV airing (if it got ever that far). So I am pretty irritated that it is on MP3.com advertised as THE video.

Complain to The End Records. This shit is out of our hands.

I don't like the editing in this version either. It is A LOT better than the first cut but unfortunately the feeling we were trying to achieve was still lost because it had to be condensed into a quick, 4 minute affair. There isn't much that could be done about it.

J. Haughm

Haughm said:
Actually I personally fought and fought and fought and fought against having a short version and, in the end, I thought this version was exclusively for TV airing (if it got ever that far). So I am pretty irritated that it is on MP3.com advertised as THE video.

Complain to The End Records. This shit is out of our hands.

I don't like the editing in this version either. It is A LOT better than the first cut but unfortunately the feeling we were trying to achieve was still lost because it had to be condensed into a quick, 4 minute affair. There isn't much that could be done about it.

J. Haughm
that sucks. so am i right in thinking that there actually exists a long version that you will be able to make available later? if so, cool, i certainly don't have a problem. the video concept and execution were very good, but the editing of the song...

Erik said:
that sucks. so am i right in thinking that there actually exists a long version that you will be able to make available later? if so, cool, i certainly don't have a problem. the video concept and execution were very good, but the editing of the song...

We are working on that with the video people. I think parts of it are finished but I don't know when it will see the light of day. I would prefer NOT the show the video at all until the full version was available. Once again - out of my hands.

The song edit is indeed unfortunate. I sat in the studio with Ronn for hours trying to make an edit that would not compromise the integrity of the overall composition. When a 9 minute song has to be reduced to a 4 minute hack, such things are impossible. It would've been the same with any of the songs. The video editors also made some further changes to the edit which really annoyed me.

The effect of the song edit on the editing of the actual video is what bothers me. All of the long, slow Bergman-esque panoramic stuff they filmed was reduced to half or quarter-second flashes!

J

Haughm said:
We are working on that with the video people. I think parts of it are finished but I don't know when it will see the light of day. I would prefer NOT the show the video at all until the full version was available. Once again - out of my hands.

The song edit is indeed unfortunate. I sat in the studio with Ronn for hours trying to make an edit that would not compromise the integrity of the overall composition. When a 9 minute song has to be reduced to a 4 minute hack, such things are impossible. It would've been the same with any of the songs. The video editors also made some further changes to the edit which really annoyed me.

The effect of the song edit on the editing of the actual video is what bothers me. All of the long, slow Bergman-esque panoramic stuff they filmed was reduced to half or quarter-second flashes!

J

Thanks for clarifying things. I take the opportunity to tell you that Ashes Against the Grain is my #1 album of the year so far. I truly appreciate your music. Keep it real.

uuuu ... trees
uuuu ... a stream

uuu ... as predictable as strippers in a Crue video

:loco: