Agalloch tour

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
I hope they make it to Atlanta. I'd love to see how their performance comes off live. Was thinking that maybe they could be at a future progpower, but I have no idea how their performance would come off. Perhaps not 'energetic' enough. Anyhow, I love this group.

===

The Pacific Northwest's AGALLOCH, who's new album Ashes Against The Grain is out August 8th via The End Records, now have an official website.

A statement from the band reads: "Agalloch finally have an official website: www.agalloch.org. We extend our gratitude to Donald Bellenger for his excellent work. The band has also filmed a video for the song 'Not Unlike The Waves' with director Nicole Phillips and cinematographers Richard Stark and Juan Mosqueda. It is currently in the editing process. Over nine hours of footage was shot in three days and the results are quite stunning thus far. To film
aficionados, the style of the video will call to mind the work of Ingmar Bergman, Mario Bava, and the German Expressionist movement. There are now two gigs confirmed for 2006 and more to come."

The confirmed dates are:

July
29 - Portland, OR at Sabala's (Ashes Against The Grain album release party with WALDTEUFEL, GIANT SQUID and WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM)

August
4 - San Francisco, CA at The Elbo Room (with LUDICRA and SNAKES)

I'd love to see Agalloch live, but it's tough to imagine this tour going beyond the west coast...

Ahhh, that would be nice with Wolves in the Throne Room.

I saw Agalloch last year and they were excellent, though some of the black-ish vocals were off-key on and off throughout the night-- but stellar performance nonetheless.

I know they have some East Coast fans that would love to see something substantial come over hear...especially in the South (Georgia, SC, NC preferably).

Demonspell said:
They did do a short east coast tour a few years ago, wherein the NYC date was cancelled due to L'Amours being closed days earlier...good fuckin' riddance.

Agreed... L'Amours may have been "classic" and all, but every time I was there, it just seemed like an inefficient, poorly-run shithole. I'd much rather see something in a good venue in Manhattan or in Jersey than have to go there again.