It was empty when I arrived but the thick, damp air told me
That someone had been there only minutes ago

The room was painted in different shades of green
All matching the colour of the flow
And the interior, Spartan as it was, seemed to
Underline the fact that this company was all about

Control, direction and blatant satisfaction

I saw invoices everywhere, and a thick mahogany table
Covered with yellowed pieces of paper - they were lists, and it finally occurred to me
- this was an administrative center for the P&S of our modern world
"Such a fetid web of pretence"!

It lay in the bottom of an old ashtray,
Yellow and worn as the others, but somehow different.
Two dates - one I knew and one I didn't.
Both were passed, the second one very recently.
I lifted the paper, folded it and slid it into my back pocket
Then I left.

Fundamental change - turn the direction of the breeze by force, krank it up to a storm
Of the breeze by force, krank it up to a storm

karpsmom said:
How come this song's lyrics are not in the booklet to the album? Can anyone tell me the lyrics? (Andy? Lars?)

Finally someone discovered our little ploy... hehehe!
All I'm going to say about that is that the answer to the question you are asking is hidden within the lyrics themselves!

Happy hunting!

You will find that the lyrical concepts contains a lot of small little puzzles and riddles within the texts. There's more...

I don't even know all of them yet!

I was going to post the lyrics myself, but those are correct to the very last spacing and punctuation,
except the last line is not repeated in the original text.

Oh, and btw... Lazare and I will be doing an interview in Metal Maniacs very shortly.
JWW from Agalloch will be the interviewer, so that should be very interesting and very special indeed!

Andy

yayyyy, I can not wait to see the interview! And an Agalloch interview is just another awesome bonus! Man, Lazare sure is a great writer! WHAT IS "IT"? So many potential conclusions!

"Realization", I noticed you are from NY. I never met anyone who likes, or even KNOWS about Age Of Silence or Winds in NY. Where do you live? I live in Brooklyn.

karpsmom said:
yayyyy, I can not wait to see the interview! And an Agalloch interview is just another awesome bonus! Man, Lazare sure is a great writer! WHAT IS "IT"? So many potential conclusions!

Just to clarify any misconceptions... it won't be an Agalloch interview. JWW from Agalloch will be interviewing Lazare and myself about Age of Silence.
He will be asking the questions, we will be giving the answers.

Regards,
Andy

karpsmom said:

And don't forget he's also a really amazing singer!!! :loco:

Thirded! After hearing Lazare for so long in bands where he's countered with another vocalist (Solefald, Asmegin), it's so wonderful to hear a band where Lazare is the only vocalist (aside from the little parts where Lars Eric Si and Kobbergaard do vocals).

Oh, darn no Agalloch interview. That's cool that he's giving the interview though!