Aghora, Coroner, Gordian Knot

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
More stuff for some of you. I'm sure you have all heard of these bands at some point.

Coroner: Technical thrash bands... Awesome guitarist... check out 'semtex revolution'. It's like old megadeth, except really technical and jazzy... cool. yup. now....:

Aghora: Sean Reinert from cynic on drums... That seems to be the selling point for this band... maybe a gimmick, but they are a great band anyway. Check out 'Immortal Bliss' and 'Satya'... Technical Progressive Middle Eastern Tinged Metal... with female vocalist..

Gordian Knot... I'm not totally sold on these guys. Sean Malone and Sean Reinert from cynic again... different band, and it shows. My first impression was a continuation of 'textures' by cynic... but it's really not like that. There is some cool stuff on this cd, 'Reflections' sounds like something Cynic would have/should have done on focus... really cool. 'Srikara tal' is very 'Aghora' sounding, middle eastern tinged... The best song off this album is 'reflections' for sure... it turns from 'Cynic' into a weirdass technical-folk song :lol:

Gordian knot...the best song is definitely Rivers dancing. New album"Emergent" is out in a few months.
Also the new Spastic Ink and Watchtower are on the way...

Trapped,I think that Gordian Knot doesn't have anything in common with Cynic. It's completely another band. You must definitely hear Japanese bonus Track...it's jazzzzzzz.Right now I listen Watchtower"Control...".Mekong Delta-all,Sieges Even"Life Cycle",Sabbat"Dreamweaver",Violence"Eternal Nightmare"...
Any comments?!

Thrash yes, technical no. Anyway, I think Grin is Coroner's best album with Mental Vortex close behind. The self-titled best of album is a must have imo as well.

DavE

Thrash yes, technical no

Then what do you call the 7/8 sections in Semtex Revolution?? Listen to Mental Vortex a few more times, and there is time changes everywhere... awesome guitaring!

*shrug*

It's complex thrash... :lol: