Ah, freakin' best riff ever

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
At 0:27 throw your stereo balance to the left while listening to In Mist She Was Standing... I seriously haven't heard something more orgasmic in music, ever. It's so uplifting yet so metal at the same time.. so trademark of Opeth's debut album, a timeless classic.

Also 0:52 on the right channel... this riff probably sums up the whole song, it has such a trademark sound that completely just gives you an insight into the whole style that it's written in... it's just amazing.

/end Orchid fanboyness... *goes back to play the start of In Mist She Was Standing on guitar again*...

EDIT: *comes back from playing In Mist She Was Standing*

http://home.iprimus.com.au/afiteam/storage/in_mist.avi

hehe.

Oh yeah man, are you still playing guitar? The start of that song is really great for beginner players because it's so straight forward to play, and goddamn that doesn't take any fun out of it, that's for sure.

The first 5 minutes or so of In The Mist She Was Standing is brilliant!

The riff I like the most is from Under The Weeping Moon... from about 6:00-7:00, if that counts as a riff.

NightSilentWater said:
My fav part of In The Mist She Was Standing is the last 4 minutes.. i love it

Hell yeah, man! You got your tastes in the right place.. that ending part is just the most stretched out, beautiful, break-down and end of a song you're ever likely to find.

The best riff ever is that part in Black Rose Immortal that starts with "I have seen it... the amereth symbol" like at 13 minutes or so. I seriously love it. :D

Moonlapse said:
Oh yeah man, are you still playing guitar? The start of that song is really great for beginner players because it's so straight forward to play, and goddamn that doesn't take any fun out of it, that's for sure.

To tell you the truth my guitar practicing has pretty much died away and my drumming practice has increased MAJORLY. :)

I'm pretty good at the drums if I say so myself...getting pretty sorted with the bass pedal now. :p