Ahoora – All in Blood With You

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
Ahoora – All in Blood With You
Unsigned – 30 September 07
By Ryan Starr

cover2007150.JPG

I bet there aren’t many people that know metal exists in the Middle East. But actually, it’s been my experience that metal is pretty popular there. The Virgin Records in Doha, Qatar has a great metal selection. Certainly better than any of the Virgin stores in the states. So it doesn’t surprise me that bands like Ahoora exist. Ahoora are from Tehran, Iran. You should all know where Iran is, and if you don’t, you’ve been living under a rock.

Ahoora have had some problems with their government, and sadly this new album isn’t available on CD because of it. But Ultimate Metal was lucky enough to get an online copy of it. And while I’m happy to have heard this album, I’m sad that this album won’t be distributed world wide. All in Blood With You is a fantastic album that blends the prog elements of Nevermore with the haunting aggression of Death and wraps it up in a thrash package. Vocalist Ashkan Hadavand has a clean style similar to Warrel Dane, but an octave lower, which fits perfectly with the melodies laid out by guitarists Milad Tangshir and Alireza Saeidian. These two have done a fantastic job combining crushing riffs with disturbing melodies. The lead work is epic, and really compliments the rest of the music. Apparently dual guitar leads shouldn’t be left to Scandinavians and Iron Maiden. But I think the guy who deserves the most recognition is bassist Mohammed Baei. While he knows how to hold down the bottom end for the guitarists to shred, he has some moments of pure genius. It may be hard to pick out, but he hides little gems everywhere.

Ahoora also bring back something metal really needs more of: instrumentals. ‘A History of Extinction’ is probably my favorite track on the album. They leave behind the trashy groove for a more technical approach and it really pays off. It’s forceful in some parts but quite beautiful in others. An ambitious instrumetal masterpiece.

All in Blood With You is an incredible release that everyone should check out. And even though you won’t see it for sale at your local record shop, you can find it on myspace and on their website. So Download it, pass it on to your friends, and spread the word about Ahoora.

Official Ahoora Website

I salute this band and all our metal brothers in the Middle East, who have a much, much tougher fight than the rest of us ahead of them! They are true warriors!!!:worship:

I did a review for the album for another website.
I'm from Iran as well but i have been livin in the uk recently but i know how incredibely risky is makin metal in iran and having underground gigs. You could get 50,100,200 lashes or even worse, but these people actually go for it and they record great music.
I always believe that true music comes from true suffering hearts and Ahoora are a good example.

I'm now in communication with these guys and have gotten an online sample of their work, which is pretty amazing. Not perfect but better than many Western bands. Islamic fascism is a deadlier threat than Naziism or Communism...these fuckers want to set the clock back a thousand years.:mad:

Once more I salute Ahoora and all metal bands from the Middle East!!!

They are indeed good. Metal scene in middle eastern countries is strong, the only problem is the political one as all of you mentioned before. Props to those guys, thats a tough one to live there.
There is an Israely band thats also very good, Orphaned Land. Check em out. I can't say it's hard to be a metalhead in israel, but some good music is coming from there as well.