Airline tix - for those who are waiting for good prices..

JenniferLynn

AKA Irish
Sep 26, 2004
Sterling VA
Just wanted to let anyone waiting for good airline prices and have been keeping an eye out (like me), it may be a good time to snatch 'em up. I just got my roundtrip, non-stop tix from Dulles to Atlanta for $290. They were $336 2 weeks ago and $450 about 6 weeks ago.

I hope this helps anyone looking n' waiting :D

Airtran / Southwest had flights from the northeast and midwest for $198 round-trip last year. That's no guarantee it will happen again of course, but based on past experience, the best domestic flight deals for September usually appear in June or July.

Our tickets dropped below $400, after hovering at $450 for the last few months, so I jumped on them. Abq to ATL non stop for $379. Airline booked. Hotel reserved. Tickets LONG ago purchased. All in! Whoo hoo!

Airtran / Southwest had flights from the northeast and midwest for $198 round-trip last year. That's no guarantee it will happen again of course, but based on past experience, the best domestic flight deals for September usually appear in June or July.

Yeah, that's what I am waiting on. If Southwest runs that deal again this year, I will fly to Atlanta. But if not, I have no problem with the 6.5-7 hour drive.

American and United Match Southwest Sale - Flights from $58+ O/W

Brand-new sales from American, Southwest, and United are discounting spring, summer, and fall flights throughout the nation, but only through midnight on April 17. Flights start at $58 one-way ($116 round-trip).

Travel with Southwest or United is valid most days from April 29 to June 7 and again August 25 to October 30; excluded is travel Fridays, Sundays, May 22, 23, 26, and September 1. Travel with American is valid April 29 to June 7; excluded is travel Fridays, Sundays, May 22, 23, 26, 27, and June 6. American and United require a three- or Saturday-night stay.

We got Dallas-Atlanta roundtrip on American for $260 each back in February. I liked.

As someone who had driven down from Buffalo twice, I will tell you it's cheaper, and far less of a hassle, to fly.

Hey cool nearly $500 round trip from CA.

Nothing cheaper than $525 so far flying from Quebec City...And the hours for the returning flight suck (6AM on Sunday, or after 6PM)... :yuk:

Just checked today, and the fares on Southwest and U.S. Airways have dropped a bit. Unfortunately, though, Southwest cut out the Wed. a.m. flight that I like. I'd rather give them the business, but booked on U.S. Airways for $352 from Phoenix. Not great, but better than it's been for the last few weeks.

$45+ O/W Southwest Sale Through Thursday
June 3, 2014 8:41am by Patricia Magaña, SmarterTravel Staff

Just launched and only valid for the next 72 hours, Southwest's self-proclaimed "BIG" airfare sale discounts fall travel. Search for your preferred route among the more than 900, most valid for travel any day but Fridays or Sundays from August 25 - December 17. Fares start at $45 one-way ($90 round-trip) and don't go above $149 each way. Flights must be booked by June 5.

Excluded from the sale is travel September 1 and November 21 - December 2. Travel to Florida or Nevada is only valid Sunday through Wednesday, travel from Florida or Nevada is only valid Tuesday through Friday, and travel between Nevada and Florida is only valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Source