Al-Jazeera

Tough one to describe. In Europe, you get news stations that are both left wing and right wing, but none seem to be as conservative as what you see here in the US on a general basis. In other words, 'left wing' news stations in the US are still pretty biased towards the right....it's fucked up when you see CNN overseas. They'll show you stuff you never get in the states.

Al Jazeera doesn't report much differently from European left wing media. I guess, though, you need to leave the US in the first place to witness the different perspectives from overseas.

For example, in the US, you will NEVER see what Israel does to Palestinians. You'll only ever see 8 year old Arab kids throwing rocks at soldiers in jeeps and tanks.

And of course Arabs will be allowed into places that westerners won't. Like mosques for example - that's where all the real news is (the inside scoop so to speak).

Al-jazeera is pro-Arab, not necessarily pro-Muslim. That is what I have been able to gather.

They are a good source of information, but like any media outlet, you have to know where the bias is and take certain grains of salt as applicable.

For example, in the US, you will NEVER see what Israel does to Palestinians. You'll only ever see 8 year old Arab kids throwing rocks at soldiers in jeeps and tanks.
The LA Times ran a regular feature profiling the Palestinian struggle about a year ago, I was quite impressed. It wasn't really biased, but they of course received much criticism for it. *COUGH*HOLLYWOOD*COUGH*COUGH

NAD said:
The LA Times ran a regular feature profiling the Palestinian struggle about a year ago, I was quite impressed. It wasn't really biased, but they of course received much criticism for it. *COUGH*HOLLYWOOD*COUGH*COUGH
Has anyone seen the movie "The Insider"? It's great - this news organization finds someone who can spill the beans on the tobacco companies (when they knew nicotine was addictive and didn't tell anyone etc), and basically, they are 'advised' not to run the expose, just because of the funding and sponsorship that is allocated their way from Brown and Williamson, Phillip Morris blah blah.

Amazing. Corporate media telling the people whats in their best interests.

My dad was a news journalist for BBC worldservice all his life (retired now). I cannot imagine how frustrating it must be when you report on things that do not see the life of day for the aforementioned reasons.

im sure al-jazeera is just as 100% anti-american propaganda as our news stations are 100% pro-american propaganda. theres no such thing as 'news' its all whoever's opinion that wrote the piece. everything has a slant, every event can be shown 2(or more) ways to say who is the villian and who is the hero. its all bullshit. the only things i dont take with a grain of salt are things that i personaly witness, and even then i have to consider how much i was talking to the bong that day heh. so uhh yeh i guess that was on topic maybe.
-neal