The search for a label...

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
Well I'm starting to send out the Noltem demos, but I'm having a huge problem trying to find a label that might be interested in this sort of thing. I have considered sending them around to places like Blood Fire Death and Moribund, but I'm realizing that I don't want to be placed on a label that focuses on truekvlt black metal, it's just not what my music is meant for (plus I don't think they'd be interested anyway!). Since some of you know a thing or two and/or are in a band, I just want to see if any of you have some reccomendations.

So far my list is :

1) Bindrune Records

:p As you can see, I have some work to do. Thanks in advance!

Out of interest, what would you expect from signing with a label? Are you looking for wider distribution, financial support for new releases, that sort of thing?

I'm just wondering what another label would do for you that Ancient Winds cannot...

Ancient Wind is for very small releases only, I never intended for anything more. In a few months, I'm folding up the label anyway... I really just don't have any money. All I'm looking for in a label is good promotion and distribution. I will be recording all of my music within my home, so I need no money for studios or anything. If I were to keep going with AWR (with the Noltem EP that is coming up, for instance), I wouldn't have the funding to make 350 CDs or whatever, so that is basically what I'm looking for help with. I don't have the knowledge for good promotion or business or any of that jazz, so I think I should leave it up to someone else.

I've been quite out of touch within the metal realm for months so I don't know many/forgot a lot of the smaller labels. Perhaps Fimbul Productions, N:C:U or Intolerant? Or maybe even Northern Silence?

Caelum Adustum said:
I've been quite out of touch within the metal realm for months so I don't know many/forgot a lot of the smaller labels. Perhaps Fimbul Productions, N:C:U or Intolerant? Or maybe even Northern Silence?

Thanks for the reccomendations, I was thinking about sending one to Northern Silence. I'll check out Fimbul!