A song from my solo project

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
Hey, I setup a MySpace account for my solo project "Noltem" at www.myspace.com/noltem

Ill have some tapes to give out towards the end of the year, but I'm just looking for a little feedback. The Vocals are weak, and the drums are obviously programmed, but this is NOT a final version. Noltem exactly that, a project, not a band. I might not even make more stuff after this tape, for it is simply a compilation of songs that I cannot use for Aegrimonia or Wind Through the Trees.

Reactions: Ellestin
This is cool, especially the acoustic parts. The metal guitar stuff could be a bit more tightly played but eh, not final version and so forth. Yeah, this is neat and I'd want a tape.

fotmbm said:
bleh, make that stuff downloadable so it won't play on top of Mayhem when I click the link and I'll give it a few listens
This might sound far-fetched to you, but have you tried the link labelled "Download"?

Another thing though. You could have drawn this out a whole lot longer without it turning boring. I mean, while the individual parts are good the metal stuff doesn't really get enough time to develop before it goes back into the acoustic bits, you basically have 7-8 minutes of material here if you arrange it a bit differently I'd say.

Erik said:
Another thing though. You could have drawn this out a whole lot longer without it turning boring. I mean, while the individual parts are good the metal stuff doesn't really get enough time to develop before it goes back into the acoustic bits, you basically have 7-8 minutes of material here if you arrange it a bit differently I'd say.

Thanks for the good response man... and I was actually thinking about that. The metal needs to be extended and/or I need another metal section. Hey, thats why its not a final version!

And on a side note- I'll have a digital drumset by the end of the year, and that = no more bad drum machine sound.

by the way - http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=65336
or
65336.jpg

Sounding very nice after first listen, on the second now. Of course bla bla standard early version stuff, but I expect this to turn out very nicely.

I must say I am negative to digital drumsets though for several reasons

This second one is maybe better than the first, this probably doesn't even need vocals (not sure if you were thinking of adding some) because it flows so well as it is.

yeah i considered leaving it instrumental, so thanks for the input. I dont think my shitty vocal style would work with it, so i may just leave as is.

My "untitled" track was supposed to have vocals as well, but then I realized it works better as is, except the aah's and ooh's in the end. Agalloch were kind of on to something when they wrote "The Mantle" and said that not everything needs to have vocals on it... I mean the common thing to do in metal is to throw vocals on everything, but sometimes the material just doesn't require it.