Alabama Thunderpussy - Staring At The Divine

taz

New Metal Member
Aug 5, 2002
The Basement
Visit site
Wow. All right, first off, its been said a million times but this is the coolest band name in the universe. On top of that, these Virginia based rockers absolutley kick ass. It is a mixture of Black Sabbath/COC/Kyuss with just enough Skynrd thrown in to have just little extra attitude which is seen in the song titles - Whore Adore being one.

These guys have monster, ABSOLUTELY MONSTER, riffs with the distortion cranked. Just good old fashioned metal. Recommended to anyone who likes any of the above bands (also great for The Four Horseman fans.

I enjoy the whole album, however three songs in particular stand out for me: Motor-Ready, Whore Adore and Esteem Fiend. Just non-stuff heavy riffs from both guitarists.

For straight-forward, kick ass metal, this is definitely recommended. Besides, owning an album by a band named Alabama Thunderpussy is worth the price of a CD!

I never cared for these guys, I have seen them live many times, and just don'tthink they are that great. GOod bunch of dudes, my friend had booked them quite a bit, and I have hung with them, but just can't get into their tunes.