alanis morrisette anyone...just curious..

You guys are too funny :)

I love Alanis! She sings from the heart, she writes her own music, she doesn't need to dress like a tart to prove anything, she's an excellent role model for girls everywhere and in person (she lives in Toronto as well) she is sweet, unassuming and really sincere. No body guards, just her and three friends hanging out.

Now that is a cool chick.

LJP is good radio music, SFIJ is much better. It's a bit darker, plus her lyrics are rather good. I think she's an intelligent woman who's doing what she wants with her music, and god knows we need some more of that an less bubble gum manufactured girly crap! :zzz:

evilnell said:
LJP is good radio music, SFIJ is much better. It's a bit darker, plus her lyrics are rather good. I think she's an intelligent woman who's doing what she wants with her music, and god knows we need some more of that an less bubble gum manufactured girly crap!
sleepy.gif

for example avril lavigne

she sucks...

i have seen her shitty videos in wich she try to copy alanis....

but in avril videos all seem palstic...

fake riots...fake rebellion...

pukeface.gif

:zombie:

I'm sceptical about Avril. She reckons that she isn't manufactured or manipulated by record industry bosses, but I just don't buy it. She's better than Brittany and Destiny's Child (image first music later me thinks), but then that's not saying much is it?!
She's only 17 or something though, maybe she'll mature. For now she's just a young kid playing music for other young kids, and though she may try, she's nowhere near as good as Alanis.

There is no doubt in my mind that Avril is just more manufactured crap. She was a country singer, until she was discovered. Country doesn't really sell. So she gets packaged to be more pop/punk, which just happens to be the way popular music is going now.

dimensionidol said:
i am huge fan of her and her great voice...

anyone here?
yea i like her
DesDemona666 said:
i think alanis morisette is pretty good...heard jagged lil pill whn i was 13 and have liked her ever since...tho i must say that her new stuf cud be better
exactly
OpethianSoul said:
I really enjoy her voice, lyrics, stage presence (although never seen her in person), and overall character. She's a really good artist that deserves more attention, as she's easily one of the best non-metal artists/female vocalists and much better than any of the crap MTV plays in their rotation.
true that
Stoner Rock Chick said:
I love Alanis! She sings from the heart, she writes her own music, she doesn't need to dress like a tart to prove anything, she's an excellent role model for girls everywhere and in person (she lives in Toronto as well) she is sweet, unassuming and really sincere. No body guards, just her and three friends hanging out.

Now that is a cool chick.
i must agree